Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

Left in the Dark

OK I was just reading the excellent book "Quanta" by J. Andrade e Silva and G. Lochak as well as "Applied Physics for Biology."

It's just important to realize that Sonic Bloom works with what in science would be called a "quantum chaos" system -- although these can only be modeled using supercomputers.

So the problem is the definition of "frequency" -- in quantum mechanics, which is now the foundation of science, NOT classical mechanics -- there is an inherent uncertainty between position and momentum, but the latter is based on PHASE and FREQUENCY. This, in turn, when translated into classical mechanics, creates an uncertainty in relation to temperature and heat, as pressure and sound.

My whole schtick is that the inherent "divide and average" mathematics of angular momentum with mass as frequency and amplitude, relying on randomness, has destroyed the natural resonance with consciousness that takes place in Taoism and other nonwestern systems of knowledge.

So I appreciate you challenging the science of Sonic Bloom as I'm against science as a whole although I do find it a fascinating mythic model which is currently the dominant paradigm of reality on the planet.

Give you an inch and you take a nautical mile.

This morning practice was slow and continuous enough that when my center speed changed I could feel the spin of fluid in my inner ear which in turn seemed to tune into "feeling" the spin or axis around each individual joint of the body as like an eddie around the central axis of the whole. The eyes only seemed to act as a compass heading on the horizon, horizontal tuning seemed to "spin" as a result of a relationship between the eys heading on the horizon, and the bodies orientation to spin which was "listened" to through the inner ear.

Sitting Lotus Hands resulted in everything "falling away" from this central columb of balance/rotation. Everything breaths together. I is knot Eye to Eye. Breathing everything together.

yes hello ring ring :) weird, I was talking to my family yesterday about how rythm has become for me the most importand guiding signal..and when I say this I refer to rythm of my own body breathing and how it interacts with the different rythms around me.. They could not quite understand. I wonder if this is something that developes in people who do qigong, or if it happens to dancers too.

In my experience it is (as I think you said) more fruitful to focus on gung than qi. One sifu pointed out how we everytime we encounter "stress" or tense breathing (that is breathing that start anywhere but down in the belly area) should send this down through the legs and into the ground. We did walking meditation, interesting to use the floating sensation from qigong to move throung the room, shifting weight almost invisibly from one foot to the next. the memory from moving around and practising qigong and tkd for 10 days in darkness helped a lot.

Sink. breathe aand out. relax. ready. alert. play. aand smile. Playing basket and frisbee today.

Edited by rain

Drew - are you down to do a little 5 minute blurb on something for the taobums? I had a dream about this. Your reflections on full lotus and music are unique. Dibs on camera work.
I REALLY wanna see a YouTube vid of Drew doing an O at a D on some dime at McD's.

C'mon Drew. Show us what you got! :P

Yes -- "heavenly chi" -- the male energy is actually ELECTROMAGNETIC while the "grain chi" is female or "earth chi" -- electrochemical. So, of course, the power will be greater if it's electromagnetic. But, then, monks trained in an all male setting so there would be no lose of their "heavenly chi" to females. As you have quoted, the electromagnetic energy is to be stored in the belly -- in contrast to the electrochemical energy. Plus when a "strike" or interaction occurs with an opponent -- the electrochemical energy will be taken in -- absorbed -- to be transformed into electromagnetic energy -- thereby causing no loss of energy or even an INCREASE in energy.

The trick is, of course, to continue the practice -- but unfortunately modern living does not make this conducive. For example meditation or training is very intense but collecting and converting the "earth chi" into heaven chi is also intense and not easily practiced in a modern setting without making too much of a scene. Also most modern practices, like biking for example -- are not based on this free energy harmonics. You can practice reverse breathing but that by itself is just a start. So it's a matter of being "sly" as Gurdjieff states -- balancing all the different forms of energy.

I, for one, eat a lot of garlic to counteract the meat and sugar toxins of the modern diet.

One sifu pointed out how we everytime we encounter "stress" or tense breathing (that is breathing that start anywhere but down in the belly area) should send this down through the legs and into the ground.

sustainnnnn...... same here. Sink into wuji, drop COG, receive send evenly. Horizontal planes move the 12 through the 8.

Edited by Spectrum

Sign in to follow this