NaturaNaturans

My summary of bhagavad gita

Just now, old3bob said:

or like a two way transformer, in which nothing is annihilated pre-se, just transformed...

transformed into tiny little infinitesimal bits, which melt immediately on the other side losing all sense of identity, will, intellect, emotion... etc.

2 hours ago, old3bob said:

out one side of the  transformer comes the named, on the other side is that which can not be named, which could be pointed to with the quoted saying of,  "Mystery of mysteries".    Btw, most transformers can work in either direction.

In a transformer, the current on one side never makes contact with the other side.

652360d374a5a_images(1).png.a3e068f66feded9948cf708ba4fe06ab.png

Edit:  to finish the analogy.  If the stepped-down side of the circuit makes direct contact with the other side a "surge" would occur.  A well designed circuit would protect itself with either a "fuse" which would "pop" preventing any internal structual damage, or, it would have a surge-suppressor, which would automatically send the "surge" to "ground". Lacking this, internal damage to the circuit would happen rapidly.

Edited by Daniel

25 minutes ago, old3bob said:

electrical transformers workings can be used as an analogy for transformers of that which is more subtle than just electricity. 

Btw,  common transformers used in AC circuits do have a current transfer through induction otherwise it wouldn't work.

Straight DC does not work in AC transformers (and would short out) except with on and off pulses which in a way is not unlike AC.  For instance in old cars with points it meant that the primary circuit of the coil was opened and closed which caused pulses in the secondary winding,  resulting in on and off induction of current and voltage which was then connected to the spark plugs through the rotor cap.

The picture is an inductive transformer.  No, the current does not transfer through induction.  That's not induction.  The current on the one side never comes into contact with the other side.  It's the same for AC-to-AC, DC-to-DC, AC-to-DC, DC-to-AC.  There are at least 2 circuits which never make contact with each other.  That is precisely what it means when you wrote:  "the primary circuit of the coil was opened and closed which caused pulses in the secondary winding".  There is no contact between the "coil" and the "secondary winding"  If there was then there is no "induction".         

However, if you would like to bring a layout of a circuit which is deisnged differently, I will happily thank you for the correction.

https://iastate.pressbooks.pub/electriccircuits/chapter/transformers/

pair-of-dots-indicates-like-polarity.jpg.d7afc036b5397cc5d0d7ab9ce0238969.jpg

WscTo.jpg.88cc81961f896e9b002451fa2da705bc.jpg

Edited by Daniel

On 10/6/2023 at 6:35 PM, mat said:

Atman refers to the individual's true self, or soul. In Hinduism, it is asserted that Atman is eternal and divine, and it is identical to Brahman, the universal spiritual reality. Monism is a philosophical position that claims there is one fundamental substance or reality in the universe, and everything that exists, including the physical, the mental, and the spiritual, is derived from this one substance.

The 'individual's true self' is often referred to as Self in Advaita and Hinduism and nondual philosophy, with the 's' being in capital case letter.

The higher or true 'Self'  is contrasted with the false or lower self or ego. 

The Self is pure consciousness or awareness, and distinct from the lower self which is essentially an artificial or fictitious identity brought about by identification with the mind-body complex and its social conditioning.

Because of the inherent falsehood in the lower self, this state is associated with psychological suffering due to its unnaturalness, and the spiritual quest lies in gaining self-knowledge or the knowledge of the Self.  

Sat-Chit-Ananda ( Truth-Being-Bliss) are the qualities asssociated with the Self.

Edited by Ajay0
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, old3bob said:

that picture clearly shows current /voltage induction (via a magnetic field)  from the primary side to the secondary side via the readings on volt/amp  meters with an equal number of transformer windings, thus no change in voltage because of a 1 to 1 ratio

Induction = "no contact".  There is a 1 to 1 ration in the diagram because the windings are identical.  If one traces the current it is clearly 2 seperate circuits.  The magnetic field is not contact nor does it have electrons "flowing" in it.  It is the opposite of flowing electrons.  The electrons in the magnet are fixed in a stable, yet highly polar arrangement / configuration.  That's what a magnet is and does.  metal / conductive matter has a "sea of electrons" in its atomic structure.  That's what makes it conductive, both with heat and with electricity. 

The current on one side ( in yellow/orange ) causes a "domino effect" in the "sea of electrons" contained in the metal wires.  This "domino effect" causes "ripples" in the coil.  The coils windings produce an electromagnetic field around the coils.  These coils are near another set of coils but are NOT in contact with them.  The magnetic field from the the source ( on the left side ) creates a magnetic field on the target circuit ( on the right side ).  The magnetic fields are in-sync with each other, and this produces "ripples" in the "sea of electrons" in the metal contained in the wire of the other circuit.  This causes the "domino effect" of electrons "flowing".  This is the green arrows.

But.  The circuits are not in contact with each other.  The electron "flow" ( not actually flowing ) is completely isolated, always and forever between the two sides of the "transformer".  If not, then, there's no need for the transformer.  Both sides of the circuit would be engineered / designed with components that can tolerate the "watts", I*V ( current and voltage ) of the source.  But, they aren't, they never are.  

Screenshot_20231009_101603.jpg.a57312709bc01e67397efafd4b49c47e.jpg

...but lets say the primary side had 50 windings and the secondary had 100, in that way the secondary would be called the stepped up side.  For homes voltages are stepped down from a neighbor-hood main line of say 13.8 kv all the way down to 220 and 110 vac in the US.

Right!  But the primary side is never in contact with the secondary side.  If it was, then the primary side would need all the same components that are in the "main", the main-distribution network.

Question:  are you sure that you're not thinking of a "relay", or a "transitior", or a "gate"?

Edited by Daniel

6 hours ago, Ajay0 said:

I think calling it "false" is a misnomer that produces misunderstanding.  It is "incomplete" not "false".

6 hours ago, Ajay0 said:

Ignoring the "false" misnomer, this is much better.  Contrast requires the lower self.  Self requries self.  They're partners.  

6 hours ago, Ajay0 said:

Because of the inherent falsehood in the lower self, this state is associated with psychological suffering

And joy, and pleasure, and everything that is wonderful about being alive...

6 hours ago, Ajay0 said:

Sat-Chit-Ananda ( Truth-Being-Bliss) are the qualities asssociated with the Self.

Which is only a half-truth if it is in denial.  But being in denial literally means that it will perceive it-Self as all that there is, a purely and literrally Self-centered point of view.

Edited by Daniel

and what is the purpose of the Ego and all of creation for that matter?  Could everyone just pass go and collect enlightenment?

it's a "dance"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nataraja

440px-Shiva_as_the_Lord_of_Dance_LACMA_edit.jpg.8a7621c01e4d903617a178df75461e3c.jpg

Notice above:  the leg is lifted, effortless, empty, while the other is full, stoic, and firmly planted.

Notice below:  the open palm combined with the grasping of a vessel...

Screenshot_20231007_135317_1_350x433.jpg.45ffdcc55a3bc5e66881217db824fb05.jpg

The Self and the self are well represented here.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

The gnostic gospel og Thomas: (3) Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you

8 minutes ago, old3bob said:

I guess that was a random association which is fine but how is it related to my question about what is the purpose of ego?

It was more intented to Daniel 

———

edit: not to be a conplainer, but this forum is ill suited for writing on tje phone 

Edited by mat

1 hour ago, old3bob said:

again the sides are in contact so to speak through the magnetic field across the transformer...you are making this way more complicated than it is besides not understanding induction in a coil of wires wrapped around an iron core with or through a magnetic field created when AC flows through its said windings.  A field which is obviously invisible to the eye but is there none the less!  If you can't believe what I'm saying find an electronics whiz and ask them.  And enough of the google pictures that you also don't understand.

There's no need to get frustrated.  Why is this such an important concept for you?  If you share that, it will help me be more sensitive to your feelings regarding it.  The pictures do a great job of showing that these are 2 disconnected circuits.  I have an excellent understanding of these concepts.  I AM an electronics whiz.  You're speaking with one.  The magnetic field is not the electron "flowing" through the circuit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_force

Screenshot_20231009_124456.thumb.jpg.ec776963fc8d8767c71bf64c1c7728af.jpg

"There is no electrical connection between the two coils. However they are connected by the magnetic field in the iron core.

Great!  The magnetic field is not the same as the current on either side.  There's two seperate circuits. Why are we arguing again? 

So, in your model analogy of a human connecting to God, there's a disconnect, correct?  One side is the source?  The other side is the human?  They are always and forever seperate? If they were to connect, then that would be a "surge" condition.  

When there is a steady current (or DC) in the primary there is no effect in the secondary, but there is an effect in the secondary if the current in the primary is changing (or AC). A changing current in the primary induces (a.k.a. as induction) an e.m.f. in the secondary. If the secondary is connected to a circuit then there is a current flow. "  This is from the Institute of physics 

Well, this is different and more complicated.  Now DC is being included.  So, it's not me making things complicated.  I brought the simplest transformer, with the most common real-world application.

Maybe share a link .... never mind, I found it.  

https://energyeducation.ca/encyclopedia/Transformer

Did you see the picture they used?  It's the same picture I used.  Now, what are they saying?

"When an AC signal is applied to the primary coil, the changing current causes a magnetic field to change (get bigger or smaller). This changing magnetic field (and associated magnetic flux) will pass through to the secondary coil inducing a voltage across the secondary coil, thereby effectively coupling the AC input from the primary to secondary component of the transformer. The voltage applied to the primary component will also be present in the secondary component."

The magnetic field is in contact with both circuits.  The circuits are never in contact with each other.

Then they start talking about DC:

"As mentioned before, transformers do not allow DC input to flow through. This is known as DC isolation."

That's it.  It's not saying that the primary and the secondary are connected.  They're not.

13 minutes ago, mat said:

It was more intented to Daniel 

No worries, although I wouldn't have noticed it without the clarification.

51 minutes ago, mat said:

The gnostic gospel og Thomas: (3) Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you

Yup... inner and outer both... but what about that fleshy stuff inbetween?

I'm asking about "the word" which became "flesh".

{ kingdom { flesh { kingdom } flesh } kingdom } ?

{ flesh { word } flesh } ?

Edited by Daniel

15 minutes ago, mat said:

edit: not to be a conplainer, but this forum is ill suited for writing on tje phone 

if you tap on the "quote" link towards the bottom, then I''ll get a notification that you are wanting me to see something, and maybe reply.

You can also "at" someone, aka "tag" them with the @ sign.

When you do that a drop down list is usually produced, not always.  Typing the "at" sign then a space after it seems to work.  From there start typing the individual's screen name to narrow the list.

" @ dani " got to my name in the list.  See below.  Then tap on the person's screen name.  The name will be "highlighted", that's how you know it worked and that individual will get an alert, and it's clear to whom you were addressing in your post.

Screenshot_20231009_131157.jpg.7d2458efa8d635e6a84a619c40b9f759.jpg

I see it is as the trinity. The father (god), the son (the logos incarnate) and the divine with us (the wholy spirit).

An analogy would be that me and my brother is both from the same dad. We are separeres, bur in one sense we are one. Does that makes sense to you, Daniel?

Image didnt work:

IMG_0338.png

edit: i dont have a source, but ive read somewhere that the concept or the trinity is older than christianity.

Edited by mat

21 hours ago, Daniel said:

Agreed, I love this stuff.

Just FYI:  I'm not a user, but virtually all my friends are ( maybe not ketamine, tho ), so, please, by all means, enjoy your"self".  ;)

Your wish is my command.  See below:

The flaming sword which is turrning every way is like a disposal, a disposer that prohibits entry into the realm of the absolutely literally infinite, aka, the tree of life, it's the "tree which no man knows".  Technically though, it's not that one cannot enter its realm, it's that doing so would be like sending a spark into a bonfire.  The spark immendiately is eclipsed, subsumed, and assimilated with the bonfire.  It stops being the spark, anything that was "sparky" about it is gone, annihilated on entry in the inferno.  

65233403d4cb2_download(1).jpeg.bf79025cbf336cb1083c1694301273e1.jpeg

652335679a014_200w(6).gif.6a8679191a596e93013db9c51f72e33a.gif

So ... 'the flaming sword'    is like a kitchen disposal unit  .     Okay then ......   :blink:

45 minutes ago, mat said:

Image didnt work:

IMG_0338.png

edit: i dont have a source, but ive read somewhere that the concept or the trinity is older than christianity.

A little of topic here, but come to think of something: according to christ the only unforgivable sin is denying the holy spirit, the divine inside us.

edit, continuing: so, If eternity is now,  heaven and hell is eternal, the holy spirit fell from heaven like a dove and the only unforgivable sin is denying it: shouldnt we conclude that embracing it is what leads to higher conciousness?

Edited by mat

again the sides are in contact so to speak through the magnetic field across the transformer...you are making this way more complicated than it is besides not understanding induction in a coil of wires wrapped around an iron core with or through a magnetic field created when AC flows through its said windings.  A field which is obviously invisible to the eye but is there none the less!  If you can't believe what I'm saying find an electronics whiz and ask them.  And enough of the google pictures that you also don't understand.

"There is no electrical connection between the two coils. However they are connected by the magnetic field in the iron core.

When there is a steady current (or DC) in the primary there is no effect in the secondary, but there is an effect in the secondary if the current in the primary is changing (or AC). A changing current in the primary induces (a.k.a. as induction) an e.m.f. in the secondary. If the secondary is connected to a circuit then there is a current flow. "  This is from the Institute of physics 

Arjun said: O Janardan, if You consider a kitchen disposal unit  thou shalt find how the individual is abolished into the infinite , then why do You ask me to wage this terrible war? My intellect is bewildered by Your ambiguous advice. Please tell me decisively the one path by which I may attain the highest good.

The Lord said: O sinless one, the two paths in a transformer are never joined .... power shall enter from one side, and go out the other , but there shall be no meeting in the middle .. for those inclined toward contemplation, and the path of work for those inclined toward action consider that I originall used the wrong words ... and now , I shall spend several hours on this battlefield trying to argue my way out of it .