Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

Creating Light with your Inner Ear

The other night while observing people "listening" in depth, I had the distinct sensation of "swallowing sound" through my ear canal, down under the jaw hinge (loosening it) and connecting it through a swallow action with resonance simultaneously occuring in my chest/torso. It was such a unique sensation.

On a related vein I found an interesting photo (might be a repost) I took while observing standing patterns created by striking couplets w/ the healing bells, I was taking note how the various harmonic envelops changed and transformed the standing patterns from square to triangular shapes... when I began to strike triplet sequences the whole harmonic changed and the standing patterns changed to a vortex actually spiraling in flux with the harmonic. Considering the mathematically paradoxial nature of under/overtone sequences, visually observing a vortex constructed out of nothing but sound, spinning into and out of itself through the medium of a soap bubble... made a kodak moment.

Edited by Spectrum

So triplets would be essentially syncopation because your accenting the off-beat by making the rhythm asymmetric and it has a driving force forward.

For example traditional "Christian" music in Ethiopia uses an accent on the off-beat. When you drum this with your hands. Just start with the left hand light and then strong on the right hand. 1 AND (head bounce), 2 AND (head bounce).

It's just like Reggae -- the left out "3rd" beat automatically makes the whole body dance to the triplet or syncopation.

1 AND a 2 AND a 3 AND a....

thanks.

The 3rd harmonic (beat) being a binaural rhythm, similar to creating polyrhythmic patterns, but without drums... I think...

The 3rd harmonic (beat) being a binaural rhythm, similar to creating polyrhythmic patterns, but without drums... I think...

therefore you are?

What does chocolate frosting sound like?

Edited by Spectrum

Sign in to follow this