Sign in to follow this  
Nuralshamal

Sakya Trichen Rinpoche Longevity Practice

Dear Dao Bums,

Sakya Trichen Rinpoche is coming to Europe this June, and I'm considering meeting him.

During his visit he will be giving an empowerment or initiation into a tantric buddhist practice.

It's called "Indestructible Wakefulness" or "Chimé Pagme Nyingtik".

I tried to look up online what it's about, and it's a White Tara longevity practice.

I've long wanted to practice and experience Tibetan Buddhism in a more profound way (my only prior experience is basic level tummo, karmamudra and lucid dreaming using a mix of buddhist and bön dream yoga).

Do we have any long term practitioners of Tibetan Buddhism who can weigh in with some experiences and comments:
1) Any insights, experiences or comments about the Sakya lineage?
2) Any insights, experiences or comments about Sakya Trichen Rinpoche?
3) Any insights, experiences or comments about White Tara Practice? (in general or this specific pratice),
4) What can I expect from this one-day empowerment? (experiences appreciated)

Edited by Nuralshamal

Not an expert but white Tara practice is associated with health. You could probably find the sadhana for this particular practice publicly available somewhere if not online. An empowerment might not even be needed (there are many tantric practices which are offered to the public nowadays without empowerment). 

My understanding of these public empowerments is that they’re more like blessings and not quite the same as the empowerment you would get as a committed disciple. Formally they are the same but if you really wanted to get the full benefit you would be expected to adhere to a guru/ lineage (via refuge ceremony), undergo the rigorous ngondro practices, and other pretty serious stuff.

Edited by SirPalomides

Hey @SirPalomides,

Thanks for your response! :D

Yes, I think you're right, that makes sense.

I found the "entire cycle" of practice available online from another tibetan lineage yesterday, when I was searching the web for more on White Tara & Sakya Trichen Rinpoche. It included all preliminary, generation and completion stage practices, as well as some higher practices, all with empowerments etc along the way (it's a video course consisting of recordings from a year long course they did online during Corona).

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience :D

I'm very interested in health, healing and longevity, so I'm leaning more and more towards going to the event/empowerment to try it out as a daily practice for some time.

Edited by Nuralshamal

On 6/1/2023 at 4:26 PM, Nuralshamal said:

1) Any insights, experiences or comments about the Sakya lineage?
2) Any insights, experiences or comments about Sakya Trichen Rinpoche?
3) Any insights, experiences or comments about White Tara Practice? (in general or this specific pratice),
4) What can I expect from this one-day empowerment? (experiences appreciated)

With your background in Srividya you might be interested to know that the Sakya tradition, among the schools of Tibetan Buddhism, has in many ways most faithfully preserved the Indian tradition it depends from. The Sakya Trichen is of course the highest lama in this tradition; I have only heard good things from those who have learned from him. The Chimé Pagme Nyingtik was a primary practice of many very highly regarded Tibetan masters, including the Sakya Trichen himself. It contains not only White Tara, but also Usnisavijaya, these are two of six of the primary Goddess of Mahyana Buddhism in India. So with your background, if you are interested in Tibetan Buddhism, this is about as auspicious an opportunity as you will find.

Perhaps you can find out in advance what the samaya and daily practice would look like. It will be ritualistic Tantric goddess worship much like Srividya, which I know you have had great benefit and success with.

Edited by Creation

Hi @Creation, thanks for your positive and informative message!

It's very helpful and insightful, thanks for sharing :D

Now I'm even more excited to try it out :D

I've watched some videos on youtube in the past couple of days with the Dalai Lama and also some with Sakya Trichen Rinpoche where they talk about White Tara practice, and I must say I'm very impressed! I feel really good and positive energy from them, clarity, knowledge, compassion and much more.

Sign in to follow this