Sign in to follow this  
daomon

In-person QiGong/Neidan Training in the USA?

Are there any schools or workshops that provide in-person QiGong/Neidan training in the USA? Preferably in New York, but any state will do.

A brief search just gives me online schools and QiGong massage parlors. I went to one of those massage parlors that do QiGong and it was a happy ending place, I was very disappointed.

Edited by daomon

So it wasn't a happy ending after all?

Sorry, someone will laugh. 

Hope you find something, I live in a very starved area for it in South Eastern Virginia and have the same issue trying to find local high level teachers.  A lot of good teachers seem to migrate out to the west coast which is understandable, chiller vibe and beautiful natural landscape, also closer to Asia. But Bruce Frantzis' system, Lee Holden and YMAA , and Spring Forest Qigong are all located in America. There has to be something  legit in New York though. Upon looking at Bruce Frantzis' website there seems to be an in person trainer in New York. https://www.energyarts.com/instructors-search/

2 hours ago, daomon said:

Preferably in New York, but any state will do.

http://ithacaneigong.com/

Talk to Mark, he will help you out

1 hour ago, Klinsly said:

Hope you find something, I live in a very starved area for it in South Eastern Virginia 

https://integrativehealthstrategies.com/qi-gong/

Josine Nelson is in VIrginia

Both are students of Damo Mitchell's

They'll see you both in the right direction im fairly certain

• Like 1

Ithaca is a bit far for me but thanks for the recommendation. I need something in or close to NYC. I'm a bit surprised that with such a large Asian population, I can't find any QiGong/Neidan trainers.

3 hours ago, Klinsly said:

So it wasn't a happy ending after all?

Sorry, someone will laugh.

If you want the juicy details, I did stay for the massage. An old skinny Chinese lady (70+) came out and directed me to the room. I thought to myself this must be a legit place and the old lady must be a real QiGong master and sage with decades of experience. She started giving me the massage after I took my clothes off. It was very mild and all of a sudden she proceeded to give me a prostate massage. I pushed her hand away and told her no. She was disappointed because this meant no big tip for her. I thought to myself how she has no shame to work at this job at this age. After she finished, I got up and left very disappointed I didn't get a real QiGong massage.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Robert Peng is doing a series of in-person QiGong courses in Rhinebeck, NY:

1. Super Qi Weekend: Energy Flow for Healing, Happiness & Creative Resilience June 23-25, in Omega Institute  
2. Master Key: Qigong Secrets for Vitality, Love, and Wisdom (The Master Key Qigong Empowerments)  5-Day Qigong Retreat July 16-21, 2023, Omega Institute, New York
3. Master Key Qigong Teacher Training With Robert Peng. Dates  Aug 27 – Sep 1, 2023
4. Become a Qigong Healer Sep 10 – 24, 2023, 14-Day Professional Healer Training

It's a bit pricey, but I signed up for all of them just now, I'll report back with my review on this thread when I complete all of them.

I don't know anything about QiGong/Neidan so I'm starting as a complete beginner.

Edited by daomon

19 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

https://integrativehealthstrategies.com/qi-gong/

Josine Nelson is in VIrginia

Both are students of Damo Mitchell's

They'll see you both in the right direction im fairly certain

Thanks for the recommendation.  The guy I originally learned from taught me a a bit of Damo's System, like some of the foundational moves several years back.  Lately I've been working on the Marriage of Heaven and Earth set  from a book and videos from Bruce Frantzis' system, and it seems to be pretty effective for me at my current level. I didn't specify where I am which is Virginia Beach. That looks like its near Washington DC which is  pretty far away, I'm planning on going to a good acupuncturist locally soon and I'm gonna ask him if he knows anyone in the area.

Edited by Klinsly

Sign in to follow this