Tristan

Cell theroy of Immortality

I've always searched for a way to not die of old age and make my time on this planet unlimited unless I die by other means(ie. Someone kills me or I sustain an injury that kills me), and I recently learned of HeLa, the immortal woman who although body is gone her cells are still alive and reproducing 70 years later, so I wished to know if anyone here knows or at least heard of someone controlling cell reproduction  and making them fast enough to extend they're life, if I manage to find that I don't truly plan on living forever just to extend my life long enough to finish learning all the knowledge I can before passing it on to someone else and dying peacefully

• Like 1

Hang on .... that didnt make sense .

"  I don't truly plan on living forever just to extend my life long enough to finish learning all the knowledge I can before passing it on to someone else and dying"

So not immortality but life ext

No matter how short your life is , you have learnt all the knowledge you can before dying .... if you live  another 100 years you have still learnt all the knowledge you can before dying .  Unless you feel you are slacking off and spending time not learning ?

The crux of the matter is  about how much knowledge you can learn . If that is your real motivation, you will, now cram  learning into every moment you have , regardless of how long your life is .

Another point is , why learn all that stuff merely in order to 'pass it on before dying ' ?  Could not others just learn from the sources you learnt from , thereby making your life rather  unnecessary ?

Perhaps you feel you could add something to this knowledge that you learn  so a 'value added' product is passed on ?

In either case I'd suggest not spending your time pondering immortality ( especially via cell immortality , try cell regeneration instead  .... stem cell research , etc. ) but developing your 'individual value adding ' learning skills and knowledge , ie. developing yourself .

And also if it is your path to do this , spend some time in learning how to teach . Some have thought it just flows on with having a lot of knowledge  and a lot to teach ...  not necessarily .

26 minutes ago, Tristan said:

so I wished to know if anyone here knows or at least heard of someone controlling cell reproduction  and making them fast enough to extend they're life, if I manage to find that I don't truly plan on living forever just to extend my life long enough to finish learning all the knowledge I can before passing it on to someone else and dying peacefully

I have the same feeling about extending the life of the body cells. I had found out that to prolong life is by practicing Qigong, or Taiji. Qigong or Taiji is a form of breathing exercise to capture more oxygen from the air to prolong the life of the body cells. Without oxygen, the body cells will die. With insufficient oxygen, the body cells will live half of their lifespan. With sufficient amount of oxygen or more, the body cells will live longer and produce faster to replace the old cells. Practicing Qigong or Taiji will control the cell reproduction and making them fast enough to extend their lives. Hence, the amount of oxygen determines the life of the body cells due to the cell respiration process.

https://www.osmosis.org/answers/cellular-respiration

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

Hang on .... that didnt make sense .

"  I don't truly plan on living forever just to extend my life long enough to finish learning all the knowledge I can before passing it on to someone else and dying"

So not immortality but life ext

No matter how short your life is , you have learnt all the knowledge you can before dying .... if you live  another 100 years you have still learnt all the knowledge you can before dying .  Unless you feel you are slacking off and spending time not learning ?

The crux of the matter is  about how much knowledge you can learn . If that is your real motivation, you will, now cram  learning into every moment you have , regardless of how long your life is .

Another point is , why learn all that stuff merely in order to 'pass it on before dying ' ?  Could not others just learn from the sources you learnt from , thereby making your life rather  unnecessary ?

Perhaps you feel you could add something to this knowledge that you learn  so a 'value added' product is passed on ?

In either case I'd suggest not spending your time pondering immortality ( especially via cell immortality , try cell regeneration instead  .... stem cell research , etc. ) but developing your 'individual value adding ' learning skills and knowledge , ie. developing yourself .

And also if it is your path to do this , spend some time in learning how to teach . Some have thought it just flows on with having a lot of knowledge  and a lot to teach ...  not necessarily .

I see how I confused you, I meant that I wish to learn all knowledge possible to learn, after that to pass my knowledge on to a student, and then I die, and I don't plan to just memorize it, I wanna learn it through and through, like right now I finished understanding what infinity really is, and have moved on to physics, I recently learned the "light" is neither a particle nor a wave but is the result of the two working together

4 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

I have the same feeling about extending the life of the body cells. I had found out that to prolong life is by practicing Qigong, or Taiji. Qigong or Taiji is a form of breathing exercise to capture more oxygen from the air to prolong the life of the body cells. Without oxygen, the body cells will die. With insufficient oxygen, the body cells will live half of their lifespan. With sufficient amount of oxygen or more, the body cells will live longer and produce faster to replace the old cells. Practicing Qigong or Taiji will control the cell reproduction and making them fast enough to extend their lives. Hence, the amount of oxygen determines the life of the body cells due to the cell respiration process.

https://www.osmosis.org/answers/cellular-respiration

That is the essentials to HeLa cells, there used all over the medical field, HeLa cells duplicate roughly every 24 hours, I haven't seen yet how quickly they die though, thank you for this knowledge on how to speed them up, but for what we know on HeLa cells apparently we don't know why they reproduce so face, Henrietta lacks(the person from which all HeLa cells come from) was an African American who died of stage 4 cancer about 70 years ago

• Like 1