gekko

100 Days of practice/to persevere or not

Out of curiosity, had anybody here tried the Six Healing Sounds?

It was something I read about when I first found out about Qigong, but most teachers and people I spoke to dismissed it as a beginners practice. 

It's something I'm curious about. I like the idea of something that purges the liver in particular, as I think most of my issues stem from liver qi being severely blocked (and subsequent spleen deficiency). 

Cheers :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gekko said:

Out of curiosity, had anybody here tried the Six Healing Sounds?

It was something I read about when I first found out about Qigong, but most teachers and people I spoke to dismissed it as a beginners practice. 

It's something I'm curious about. I like the idea of something that purges the liver in particular, as I think most of my issues stem from liver qi being severely blocked (and subsequent spleen deficiency). 

Cheers :)

Yes I used to use those extensively. 

On 27/1/2023 at 12:53 PM, dmattwads said:

Yes I used to use those extensively. 

Did you find it helpful?

Edited by gekko

13 hours ago, gekko said:

Did you find it helpful?

I think the word I would use would be that I found them effective. They did a lot to release the trapped emotions of each organ which could be a bit overwhelming at times which is why I don't know if I would call it helpful, but it was effective at cleaning out the organs.

• Like 2

''The particular method may not be a good fit based on your karma. ''

Hey @steve, do you mind elaborating more on this item?

I found it very interesting, never tought that someone's karma could have an impact in their practice.

1 hour ago, almaxy said:

I found it very interesting, never tought that someone's karma could have an impact in their practice.

Karma affects everything!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, almaxy said:

Yes, as Maddie said karma affects everything. Your ability to respond well to a teaching through physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual interaction depends on your karma - your conditions, your predilections and preferences, your attributes, geography, language… every factor you can imagine. All of that is an expression of karma.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Karma affects everything!

9 minutes ago, steve said:

Yes, as Maddie said karma affects everything. Your ability to respond well to a teaching through physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual interaction depends on your karma - your conditions, your predilections and preferences, your attributes, geography, language… every factor you can imagine. All of that is an expression of karma.

That's very interesting, thanks for the replies!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, almaxy said:

That's very interesting, thanks for the replies!

In some teachings it’s said that Buddha taught 84,000 methods because there are so many unique needs of sentient beings [based on their karma].

I take from this that there is no one path that works for everyone. We need to stay open to what we are able to connect with, be honest with ourselves and be prepared for change.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Whether your qigong  cultivation or other spiritual cultivation : sitting there pay attention to dantian , maintaining some postures or movements,  or just chanting some words ..etc  good or not really depends on the following principle , not how long a time you have practiced it :

That  qi and jing we gain and accumulate every day  from it should be more  than the quantity of  qi and jing  we lose ; notice that sitting still , moving ,chanting , focusing , all make us lose some energy ( jing and qi , concretely speaking ) , and as  most qigong claim anti-aging , even reversing it ,  so they should be able to fight against it  and materialize it   quick . A cultivation , within a period of time , likely not too long say within one week , should make our  body feel more energetic , our mind sharper , our emotions more placid ...; anything unable to give us  these effects, we have to look into it again , and maybe abandon it ..

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2