Cheshire Cat

Post-covid sleep disorder

I'm not sure if it's 100% related to covid, but it's more than a year that I wake up around 3 AM, can't fall asleep again until around 5 AM.

I can't remember the last time that I had a full night of sleep.

I think it's the time period of the lung meridian. What could I do? Thanks

Edited by Cheshire Cat

50 minutes ago, Cheshire Cat said:

Relaxation qigong from John Dolic.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Relaxation qigong from John Dolic.

It's not really about relaxation as I can relax deep enough to sleep on the ground if I want to... but not between 3 am and 5 am.

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Cheshire Cat said:

It's not really about relaxation as I can relax deep enough to sleep on the ground if I want to... but not between 3 am and 5 am.

Thank you 

You don't seem to understand that this is a cheaper and easier, accessible form for sleep and complement to sleeping qigong.

I guess some people don't want to get good advice, so best of luck to you.

Edited by Earl Grey

4 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

You don't seem to understand that this is a cheaper and easier, accessible form for sleep and complement to sleeping qigong.

Yes, people market yoga nidra on the same line... but it doesn't work for me. 

Hi, I seem to have had good success in improving my sleep quality while using natural, alternative remedies. I tried using acupuncture a few years ago to get a good sleep and I would highly recommend it. I read that studies find these techniques do have a benefit but who knows. It said Acupuncture improves blood flow and circulation through your body.

I found a very interesting article take a look here: 

https://www.ginsen-london.com/blog/waking-up-at-the-same-time-every-night/
I hope it will help and you will get the exact reason for your sleeping troubles.

On 20/09/2022 at 12:31 PM, Cheshire Cat said:

I'm not sure if it's 100% related to covid, but it's more than a year that I wake up around 3 AM, can't fall asleep again until around 5 AM.

I can't remember the last time that I had a full night of sleep.

May that be happening for a specific reason that you still may have not noticed? I'll specify with my own example: it bothered me a lot a phase that I've been through when I was a night shift worker and everytime that I was off or on leave I would wake up and feel quit alert at 2 am. After questioning myself for a long  time about the reason for that to happen I realized that when at work 2 am was the time that I was more active and the tasks required more of my attention and energy. Having understood this helped me get back to normal sleep patters.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 9:31 PM, Cheshire Cat said:

I think it's the time period of the lung meridian.

Lungs are where grief is stored