Rcc

Buddhist vs taoist realization

Hi.  In the end, the realization is the same, correct?  It's just a matter of semantics that there is a difference.  I remember reading a book written by a taoist. He said that even though  taoists have high realization, there are Buddhists that have achieved even higher accomplishments. This leads me to believe that it's the same thing though they have different approaches to meditation. 

Hi Rcc, some would agree with what you presently believe, but as the goals are so often presented differently, I can’t say that I am one of them.

Welcome.

On 8/29/2022 at 12:29 PM, Rcc said:

Hi.  In the end, the realization is the same, correct?  It's just a matter of semantics that there is a difference.  I remember reading a book written by a taoist. He said that even though  taoists have high realization, there are Buddhists that have achieved even higher accomplishments. This leads me to believe that it's the same thing though they have different approaches to meditation. 

Read some more books.

On 2022/8/29 at 12:29 PM, Rcc said:

Criteria that  people can make use of in order to  judge :

1) Can the way(s) they preach  solve the  jing leakage issue ( including nocturnal ) ?

2) Can the way they preach solve  the mind-leakage issue ( any fluctuating minds are a mind of leakage )?

3) Can it help people  consolidate some kind of embryonic breathing ?

4) How strong such a way makes physical effort on people's  body ( Good and correct  ways definitely will have side cure diseases effects and can reverse aging..);

Edited by exorcist_1699

On 8/29/2022 at 2:29 PM, Rcc said:

In the end, the realization is the same, correct?

Not necessarily.  There are differing flows within the Divine Light.   

For example, some flows develop intelligence and others develop relationship.  Still others develop intent

Edited by Lairg

Taoist and Buddhist masters can (and do) easily share stories about the one true "attainment" and understand each other perfectly. Being in alignment and being "enlightened" are not different - merely described from different perspectives. It is only in having no-self that one can be in alignment.