helpfuldemon

The Grades of Initiation

18 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

I decided to only order the Gems of the Equinox.  The other two are mostly Magick books, and since that stuff drives me crazy and I don't believe in it, I decided to cancel them.  Oh wait, I kept the Equinox 3 vol 1, that one was a kindle purchase.

:D 

Ohhh    HD   ... what are we gonna do with you  ? 

Do you realise what is in  Gems from the Equinox  ... it has rather a lot of 'Magick' in it .

25 minutes ago, Nungali said:

:D 

Ohhh    HD   ... what are we gonna do with you  ? 

Do you realise what is in  Gems from the Equinox  ... it has rather a lot of 'Magick' in it .

I realized I already have the pdfs of the first set of Equinox books, so I cancelled it.  If I want to I can just read those.  

16 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

I think I am one step away from being a master of Wisdom (my own wisdom, of course).  I don't want to take the next step though.  I am at a place that is comfortable to me, and this is something I do not take for granted.  It is a wise place in itself, so I can be content.  

loco.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, helpfuldemon said:

I realized I already have the pdfs of the first set of Equinox books, so I cancelled it.  If I want to I can just read those.  

But you won't . 

In any case the set has what Gems has in it so its full of Magick too .

I tell ya what might be easy and more accessible   !   dont bother buying all those expensive books or  re reading your old pdfs (if you ever read them in the first place ? )

If you a are feeling a bit clearer    ( today   ;) )  just simply    re   read 

everything I have posted in response to   you    ;)

2 minutes ago, helpfuldemon said:

Yeah no more cliff diving for me haha

Ummm .... that was a response in relation to your comment "   I am one step away from being a master of Wisdom"

The obvious ( to anyone ) connotation is  ...

ahhh , forget it !

40 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Ummm .... that was a response in relation to your comment "   I am one step away from being a master of Wisdom"

The obvious ( to anyone ) connotation is  ...

ahhh , forget it !

I said I have mastery over the self (my wisdom)

3 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

I said I have mastery over the self (my wisdom)

As someone who survived falling down the fool cliff, I understand how the determiner "my" makes all the difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

That is the standard definition . 

The problem with definitions is that a mental construct sets limits (fin = end).

What if the mental construct places limits on a reality that exists above the mental plane?

Better perhaps to experience the reality than set limits to its components.

2 hours ago, Aeordimm said:

As someone who survived falling down the fool cliff, I understand how the determiner "my" makes all the difference.

One cannot be a "Master of Wisdom", because there is too much knowledge now.  But, you can master yourself and what you personally know.

5 hours ago, Lairg said:

The problem with definitions is that a mental construct sets limits (fin = end).

Dude , that isnt the problem ...thats the function of definition !

What if the mental construct places limits on a reality that exists above the mental plane?

Hang on , this was qualified in your first sentence  , ie  relating to definitions  as a mental construct ... not all mental constructs .

If a word has too limited definitions to contain  an expanding mental construct , then add more words , or adopt some from another language  .

Unless you didnt mean that at at all and where actually asking  ;  what if a mental construct limits things beyond mental constructs  ( which is actually yht literal meaning of what you wrote ) .

Better perhaps to experience the reality than set limits to its components.

If you are still talking about 'the reality' as something beyond a mental construct , then I would suggest relating to it with those faculties we have that are beyond mental constructs .

Or you could just go with the whole above mish mash in some type of  new agey teaching  /  justification to be able to 'validly '   'teach'  ,  declare  'wisdom',   twist meanings or even change the meaning of a single  word to suit your own ...... whatever it is that is going on for you .

" I thought you said you where ready to leave 15 minutes ago ? "

handsome-young-hispanic-men-checking-tim

"  What does 'ready' actually mean though ?  And time is a  non spiritual construct , besides , the Buddha nature of my make up allows for possible alternate universe  cross fluctuations  .... and how do you know that watch of your is not really running backwards ? "

Edited by Nungali

Though I feel I have mastered my Wisdom, I am saddened, because I know that I fail it still.  I wonder if it is possible to be perfect?  I wonder too, about an immortal God, who has mastered themselves and life, having witnessed it for millennia.  I wonder how this God keeps their compassion?  

For goodness sakes man !   Put some colour (scales) in to 'your'   work .  

garden-of-eden-before-the-fall.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOB4mHIvdWNMiOW4rq2fb

the-higher-and-divine-genius.jpg

Edited by Nungali

On 9/12/2022 at 11:24 AM, helpfuldemon said:

To summarize, the grades of initiation are such that the Adept is climbing a ladder of knowledge, developing a philosophical perspective of the Universe, and especially the life of mankind.  It involves the moral and philosophical training of the magician.  Magick aside, it is the intellectual climb through ignorance.  This is accomplished in the lower grades, and is re-examined in the higher.  The 4=7, the 6=5 and the 9=2 are all similar, except that the tools from which they develop their philosophy are different, and so the outcome of the philosophy will be different.  Each has a world view that is valid.  The higher grades denote a more powerful foundation of the temple of the mind, and their Will shall be stronger, because they have undergone rigorous training to develop it.  In the pursuit of this, the Adept confronts many forms of knowledge, and so they are acquainted with many fields and ideas, and are not easily persuaded away from what they understand, because they have examined and confirmed their knowledge.  They have acquired many observations of philosophical steps towards enlightenment that they can pass on as Wisdom.  They can find peace in their knowledge and no longer wander through ideas lost.  They have precise words when they communicate.  With each level of adeptship, the magician is able to have more choices of action, and understands more beliefs, and isn't limited to one, specifically, though they probably settle on one they favor, which suits their level of attainment.  

As I said earlier, I do not attribute special powers of the supernatural, nor special privileges of the Divine to the various levels of attainment.  "Magick", in the supernatural sense, is an illusion, and is only a tool for contemplation.  Only the fool falls for claims of supernatural abilities.  

When the magician reaches mastery over the philosophy of the climbing of the Tree, they are now free from contradiction, and can act according to their Will.  There is no more illusion to suffer, no more struggling with ignorance.  They are free to do what they will.

The reason the magician settles on Do What Thou Wilt is because they see there is no organizing Chaos, that even they will fail their Wisdom, and that one cannot predict the outcome of every action.  They are still Wise, but who can be so Wise as to avoid every trap?  

Sorrow is unnecessary.  Grieving won't change the outcome, it won't change the laws with which Nature functions, it won't bring back the dead.  Still, we love and we are aware, and so we sorrow.

:D  Thats the internet for ya .

You can never be sure if you are conversing with

an amorous woman in Connecticut ....

or

some fat old guy sitting in his underwear smoking a cigar in an apartment building in Moscow .

1 hour ago, Cobie said:

Thanks for your answer. I really do not understand you. I wish you well. :)

It's not hard to understand me.  I have thought long about life and Nature and the world, and found it to be a reason for sorrow.  Now I am deciding that to grieve it is wasted, for it changes nothing.