Shadao

Question regarding color meanings

Today(actually a few minutes ago) I was aimlessly walking arou d while letting my mind wander as well towards whatever direction it wanted to go, when suddenly I started to feel a "bubbling" of sorts coming from inside out, and then I started to feel very energized all of sudden.

I started to visualize myself surrounded by an energy/the colors orange(majority), red and white with some specks of black(I think).

I felt a combination of being electrified and under a waterfall(or a potent showerhead), that constant pressure.

I also visualized a translucent glowy orange-ish lotus opening up above my head.

I apologize for this rant-style writing but I need to write it all out before my memory starts playing tricks on me.

What I want to know is if there is any meaning of the orange, red, white and black colors when it comes to energy and what is that meaning.

And yes, I am being truthful, I have nothing to gain by lieing/lying(?).

I just want to know the meaning of the colors.

" meaning of "  - in what context ?  Many systems have colour scales and attribute meanings to different colours and most of those schools meanings are different from others .   I tended to use hermetic colour scales .  others' might choose from the Buddhist or Hindu 'symbolic palette' .  Even the ancient Egyptians had  their own system of colour symbolism .

The 'when it comes to energy' part is also tricky ... what do you mean by that, its a very general term  and a bit obscure regarding colour ; colour energy would be its light wavelength .

Also the 'scale '  ( tone,  saturation, etc ) is important , usually on four levels ; the hermetic system gives the divisions of scale as ; king , queen, prince and princess -  better descriptive classifications seem  colours that ;shout , command, speak and whisper  ( eg ; fluorescents, strong primaries ,  mid range  secondary and tertiary ,  soft pastels ) .

Your red and white with specks of black , to me sounds like one of the hermetic princess colours , most of them are 'complex' and contain streaks or flecks ;

http://93beast.fea.st.user.fm/files/section1/777/Liber 777 Revised.pdf

colour scales are Column  XV - XVIII . ( on the pdf pages 23 - 24 , document page 5 - 6 )  if you look up a colour, eg

'Indigo rayed silver '  , look to the far left and see its key number - 12 , then all items in other columns listed at 12 will relate to it , or be within the same 'energy field' . ; in this case  its stone would be opal or agate , its magical weapon the wand or caduceus , its incense mastic,  its mineral drug mercury ... and so on .

OR

you might have your own inner attributions to colour - psychologically  .....  consciously unaware or not  of their symbolism .

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1

I would take the orange-ish lotus opening above your head as a symbol of the orange sacral chakra opening in your consciousness, it’s in the same general area that the lower dantian is which is where the Daoist energy path should start. In a quiet moment I would make a point of attending to that general area below the navel and notice if there is any sensation in that area and tune into that. The bits of red I would see as consciousness still operating a bit from the red root chakra. 

Black and white I personally take as the colours of the subtle channels on the right and left sides of the body, and in the words of the TTJ “Know the white, keep to the black” ie. cultivate the black/yin energy, the white will look after itself. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

Also the 'scale '  ( tone,  saturation, etc ) is important

Well from what I can remember:

Orange:Was a very vivid and clear color, somewhere between light orange and medium orange, it was glowing a bit(in a bioluminescent way, like those life forms in a certain beach that glow blue when there is movement, or like magma I guess).It was in no way muted, and it was really strong.It was everywhere and there were some thin streaks of light vivid orange amongst it, but not as much as the main orange.

Red:Somewhere between light and medium red, clear and vivid like the orange one.The kind of color you would expect to see out of the reddest ruby.It was "held" by the white+black color as if to not let the red mix with the orange while still "being part of it all"

White: a bit muted but also "glowing", not as clear, mixed with small blurry specks of clear black

I don't know if this helps.

As for the question I did I am not looking for a specific system or anything, at this point I think it would be fine to see what everyone from any system might say and maybe I'll make my own judgement after thinking.

Edited by Shadao
Grammar

Well, it helps - you  , but I wont be looking it up further - I supplied some tools so you could  do that . You can then combine those results with your own psychological meanings - only you can do that .

• Like 1

Hi Shadao,

What comes to mind is that black, white, and red are actually the three central colours of the Great Work in western alchemy, which is aimed at the creation of the Philosopher's Stone.

The finished Stone itself is described as being of a deep purplish red. However, before that, it will pass through lighter hues - starting from yellow, so the orange and red tones you described would be somewhere mid-way.

All of that after having gone through the initial black and white stages, to be sure. 

I find these associations particularly fitting because what you saw was located in the area of your crown chakra, and the Philosopher's Stone is frequently associated with royalty, gold, the Sun, and so forth, which can all be seen as analogous with the crown.

To sum this up, I think the colours you described as showing themselves in that location might indicate that you are approaching a realization of your inner 'solar' self, with some 'speckles' of the foregoing stages still lingering.

It would be interesting to see if the red part is going to intensify, with the orange one being reduced in due course.

Cheers

Michael 

• Like 1