old3bob

man made stuff

wow,  look at this bridge!  How would you like to be one who strung its cables across the canyon?

brdge.jpg.thumb.jpg.1b26e76ebc3ea943a540e6427be048e6.jpg

In Yunnan province, China

Edited by old3bob

4 hours ago, old3bob said:

wow,  look at this bridge!  How would you like to be one who strung its cables across the canyon?

brdge.jpg.thumb.jpg.1b26e76ebc3ea943a540e6427be048e6.jpg

In Yunnan province, China

Unusual!  A one tower cable suspension with the other 'tower'  being a mountainside , and the bridge going straight to a tunnel .

Part of the 'New Silk Road' - east China to western Europe  ?     ... that is  supposed to go through Ukraine  ! 

'You guys '  ( Yanks) will be familiar with this, its an 'old' one but still very impressive looking engineering ;

0_new-hoover-dam-6.jpg?auto=compress&fit

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThOgrt1qSpXcwCv_gOl20

Edited by Nungali

56 minutes ago, old3bob said:

but not as pretty as this one imo

images.jpg.41ee8b44b6796dd4a013561efbc61566.jpg

San Francisco

Well , maybe when the other dam is finished and the construction cleaned up and its a nice day , and a good sunset and someone takes a 'mood 'picture of it  .....    :D  

....... you Americans and your  ridiculous one-sided  comparisons !  Well, just you wait ... wait until our new road network is finished  and we transport goods direct from Beijing to Portugal !  While your 'USA' sinks further into corruption and decay      5a8a27944ba896ad60d1dee1689cdc9b.png    

Spoiler

See !  ... You see !     And the Mods refused my request to load the 'Insidious Chinaman Emoji ' saying ; Come on, when are we ever going to need one of those ! ? "

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Well , maybe when the other dam is finished and the construction cleaned up and its a nice day , and a good sunset and someone takes a 'mood 'picture of it  .....    :D  

....... you Americans and your  ridiculous one-sided  comparisons !  Well, just you wait ... wait until our new road network is finished  and we transport goods direct from Beijing to Portugal !  While your 'USA' sinks further into corruption and decay      5a8a27944ba896ad60d1dee1689cdc9b.png    

Hide contents

See !  ... You see !     And the Mods refused my request to load the 'Insidious Chinaman Emoji ' saying ; Come on, when are we ever going to need one of those ! ? "

what, I thought you were from "down under"?

btw is this a this a Klingon structure of some sort?

1280px-Sydney_Australia._(21339175489).thumb.jpg.024cfcfa7bacd1f9eb8104c6745ef43b.jpg

images.png.a47bbbb044c74534047e8f0589739202.png

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, old3bob said:

btw is this a this a Klingon structure of some sort?

1280px-Sydney_Australia._(21339175489).thumb.jpg.024cfcfa7bacd1f9eb8104c6745ef43b.jpg

Jørn Utzon had a  'North Euro Vision' about it ,

r946556_10064162.jpg

'Sails on the harbour' .

but his designs got changed by various 'cling-ons' .

1 hour ago, old3bob said:

images.png.a47bbbb044c74534047e8f0589739202.png

Hey !   That looks like the secret keel design for  one of our 'America's Cup' wins   !   You aren't supposed to show that !  :angry:

• Haha 2

... ever seen inside ? 

Grab a bite to eat ;

dam-images-daily-2015-07-bennelong-resta

then take in a show ;

201-2014339_sydney-opera-house-interior-

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nungali said:

... ever seen inside ? 

Grab a bite to eat ;

dam-images-daily-2015-07-bennelong-resta

then take in a show ;

201-2014339_sydney-opera-house-interior-

Never been there, it looks cool and I bet pricy.

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

You would nt get me up in one of those things

giphy_s.gif

well the space needle has been standing since 1962, so they must have done something right in building it.  Btw. I wonder how often the elevator failed over the years and if so how people got down?  ...or why they never added bungee jumping off the side :lol:

how is it that this tower (finished in 1372) has not come down yet?  (I'd keep my distance, not like the tourists mingling around at its base :o)

The_Leaning_Tower_of_Pisa_SB.jpeg.jpg.15bb5306b6ee1344038aeea588e7acf2.jpg

note: some brave but risk taking person  has been going to the top and keeping the flagpole set straight .

Edited by old3bob

14 hours ago, Nungali said:

Unusual!  A one tower cable suspension with the other 'tower'  being a mountainside , and the bridge going straight to a tunnel .

Part of the 'New Silk Road' - east China to western Europe  ?     ... that is  supposed to go through Ukraine  ! 

'You guys '  ( Yanks) will be familiar with this, its an 'old' one but still very impressive looking engineering ;

0_new-hoover-dam-6.jpg?auto=compress&fit

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThOgrt1qSpXcwCv_gOl20

Been over that dam several times and every time I wanted to go into the visitors center for their tour but it was so jam packed with people that I just kept going.  Maybe someday...

Edited by old3bob

A stargate right under our noses, but only for inter-dimensional & invisible beings...or very advanced Tao bums.

arch.jpg.bdfa92d15f20627f34c1a8410c37ae13.jpg

(oh I forgot, since Bigfoots are inter-dimensional they can use it too, although they must bathe first)

Edited by old3bob
  • Haha 1

A big statue like that SHOULD have some type of triumphant , or at least significant pose  ... they all seem to .  But now we have the biggest statue ever ... and look at the pose  !  

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

A big statue like that SHOULD have some type of triumphant , or at least significant pose  ... they all seem to .  But now we have the biggest statue ever ... and look at the pose  !  

btw who is that?

On 3/20/2022 at 8:05 PM, silent thunder said:

0128fc1621b8d70769987822ad60e831.jpg

Cool..

Where are the dice?

How do you play?  :)

On 21/03/2022 at 12:03 PM, old3bob said:

limo with a helicopter pad, you got to be kidding me!  :rolleyes:

limo.jpg.8ec3ec5dc5d589acc0c39dbe2b10cd04.jpg

Damn !   Should have taken that last left turn  .....   better do a U-turn and go back  .

On 21/03/2022 at 12:05 PM, silent thunder said:

0128fc1621b8d70769987822ad60e831.jpg

I just finished reading a paper on  how those designs seem based on architecture from  BMAC area  - Pamir Mts link  ( a subject I have made some posts on over the years here  ; 'Central Asia's Lost Civilisation ' - a founding world culture , mostly unknown  and its links to Tibet /  Shamballa .

pre-proto-iranians of afghanistan as initiators of sakta tantrism
https://poj.peeters-leuven.be › POJ › downloadpdf