kingfred

stretch into full-lotus?

What's the fastest way to go from basically not being able to practice in half lotus to full lotus? stretching, yoga, etc. thanks

check the middle pages of the full lotus thread :)

:lol: errr, the last full lotus thread that was around.

Edited by joeblast

My way wasn't fast, but I was unable to do half lotus when I started meditating. I simply sat cross legged for increasing amounts of time. Then as soon as I could half lotus I cut that time in half and sat in half lotus. Then as my time increased in half lotus, my hips opened enough to get into full lotus.

For me the whole process took about a year of daily (1-2x) meditation. Meditating though the pain is an important part of the process. But you need to understand the difference between karmic pain and body wrecking pain. If you are relaxed and the pain starts up, that's karmic pain. If you are breaking your knee to try and wedge yourself into full lotus, that's body wrecking pain. Sit cross-legged and half lotus with proper posture for at least an hour to burn through enough karmic pain to get into lotus.

Kingfred,

Our practice at Wudang is the "kicking" method. You sit on the floor with legs crossed then grab the right foot with the left hand and extend the left using the right hand to keep the knee straight. You'll "kick" to the right, left, up and straight 27 times then repeat this on the opposite leg bringing in the leg each kick.

I hope this makes sense and helps. It helped me a lot and also helps your knees.

Wudangspirit

What's the fastest way to go from basically not being able to practice in half lotus to full lotus? stretching, yoga, etc. thanks

When im sitting on a chair at work i always have one leg crossed over the other, with my rightfoot resting on my left knee. When this gets tiresome i switch legs. When both positions get tiresome i sit crosslegged or in a normal position. In every position trying to keep the back as straight as possible. Never had a problem with full lotus and believe me im not flexible by nature :)

edit: found this movie also pretty intresting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc-ZduOPwWs

Edited by minkus

Hello

I am trying to do this steps while surfing on the internet, at this side for instance.

It is also important not to stretch the outer side of the foot joints. The ligaments might be to long and then you have an instable foot. I think.

F D

My way wasn't fast, but I was unable to do half lotus when I started meditating. I simply sat cross legged for increasing amounts of time. Then as soon as I could half lotus I cut that time in half and sat in half lotus. Then as my time increased in half lotus, my hips opened enough to get into full lotus.

For me the whole process took about a year of daily (1-2x) meditation. Meditating though the pain is an important part of the process. But you need to understand the difference between karmic pain and body wrecking pain. If you are relaxed and the pain starts up, that's karmic pain. If you are breaking your knee to try and wedge yourself into full lotus, that's body wrecking pain. Sit cross-legged and half lotus with proper posture for at least an hour to burn through enough karmic pain to get into lotus.

I tried your technique yesterday.

I just sat crosslegged and relaxed my hips and legs more and more for about 15 minutes until I reached the point where I felt I was able to go full lotus. And I surprisingly schmock right into it. So I had about 30 minutes meditation in my most comfortable full lotus so far.

What a great and simple technique man! Thanks a lot!

This one has lots of tips on stretches all over the place: Full lotus techniques

I've been doing the yoga for hips from that thread for a week now, and I can get into full-lotus with great difficulty but can actually get there, that's a really great set. Would anyone know which chakras this set affects most?

I've been doing the yoga for hips from that thread for a week now, and I can get into full-lotus with great difficulty but can actually get there, that's a really great set. Would anyone know which chakras this set affects most?

I did yoga for hips for about three months, then I started doing just the first strech, called sleeping pigeon or something, before doing full lotus. And I did that for a few months. Now I dont need to strech anymore. I just spend some time, 5-10 min to relax my hips and knees sitting cross-legged, and then I get into full lotus.

I used half a year with streching and practicepracticepractice every day before full lotus got comfortable.

Try this OP:

Yeah, I kind of have this feeling that he won't look at that link. But I could be wrong. Cute girl though.