Sign in to follow this  
Trillium

Hello

I've been a Vipassana practitioner for 10 years and am interested in connecting with people about their path and experiences. I've had some bad experiences with silent retreats in the past few years and think this may be coming to an end for me. I find this very painful because who I am has been so transformed through the practice, and, to me there is nothing more beautiful than sacred silence.

I find my practice more and more in surrendering to the present moment. Weather at work or with my kids saying yes to things that "you" don't like or want is quite a practice. I also have a strong devotional practice with Ramana Maharishi.

Peace,

Trillium

I've been a Vipassana practitioner for 10 years and am interested in connecting with people about their path and experiences. I've had some bad experiences with silent retreats in the past few years and think this may be coming to an end for me. I find this very painful because who I am has been so transformed through the practice, and, to me there is nothing more beautiful than sacred silence.

I find my practice more and more in surrendering to the present moment. Weather at work or with my kids saying yes to things that "you" don't like or want is quite a practice. I also have a strong devotional practice with Ramana Maharishi.

Peace,

Trillium

Welcome! Nice picture. I've found this online book very helpful about what should and shouldn't happen in Buddhist teaching and retreats generally. May be useful.

I've been on 3 or 4 silent retreats, and feel I've benfitted greatly from them. Like yourself, am less inclined now, though. Mainly because I can't keep vipassana style practice going outside the retreat atmosphere.

I also have a strong devotional practice with Ramana Maharishi.

Peace,

Trillium

Hey Trillium, a few of us are discussing Sr Ramana Maharshi's 40 verses on reality in the book club, which can be found at the top of the discussion page.

Sign in to follow this