Sign in to follow this  
Asher Topaz

My theories on how QING GONG(Light Body Skill) works

So I came across qing gong from read martial arts mangas and manhwas. Amongst all the martial arts I saw in fiction I always found qinggong to be somewhat realistic even on a scientific level. With more research I came across shaolin qinggong training in the book "72 arts of shaolin". But most of the training was waigong. It seems the neigong aspect which uses internal qi is nowhere to be found and has been kept secret. However based on the descriptions I have seen I have guessed what it might be.

Ā 

So qinggong is the artĀ of light body gong fu. Basically u make ur body light in weight making it easier for u to jump high horizontally or move faster vertically. Now the training most people who know qing gong are exposed to are things like walking round a basket with stones inside and as training progress the stones are removed making it more difficult. An another one being jumping out of ditch and running accross a plank and making it more horizontal as you improve. But all are external methods. I believe that by looking at the external methods one can intuit what the internal method would be trying to achieve.Ā 

Ā 

So basically how I came to my conclusion was I imagined myself using qinggong to stand on water. I imagined myself weightless like a feather floating on water. I imagined this picture of myself for a long time. I thought it would be possible to reverse engineer how the skill works by imagining myself doing it.Ā And weirdly I felt qi go to my feet. But at the same time I also felt the qi at my feet trying to generate someĀ upward force that equals or negates my weight and I instinctively understood how it worked. It seems the first step is getting a large amount of qi to ur feet particularly your anklesĀ and ur toes cuz thats where the qi really concentrated. The next part is the hard part. That qi u gather at ur feet is then used to generate upward thrust from ur ankles upward. That upward thrust is then used to counter ur weight or negate it. The more qi u have the more lighter u can become. So u use qi like a thruster on a rocket. The upward force generated counters ur weight making ur body feel lighter almost hovering a millimeter above ground. This technique is an internal technique that requires all eight extraordinary meridians to beĀ opened.

Ā 

Even in mangas and manhwas students are required to open all eight extraordinary meridians before u can begin learning martial art skills. In factĀ in mangas they are so strict about this stuff that they consider it a basic requirement. In real life the microcosmic orbit is already a miracle for most of us.

12 hours ago, Asher Topaz said:

Ā 

I came across shaolin qinggong training in the book "72 arts of shaolin". But most of the training was waigong. I

That is a manga book in itself šŸ˜

16 hours ago, Asher Topaz said:

I thought it would be possible to reverse engineer how the skill works by imagining myself doing it.

Pretty much how the majority of modern internal arts teachers do itĀ :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Sign in to follow this