Bhathen

Exiting the worldly realm

Was pondering the question of why masters choose different methods to exit this worldly realm? Is there a particular significance?

Edited by Bhathen

42 minutes ago, Apech said:

yep that's how it all started.

:lol:

Thank you.

Edited by Bhathen

How realized masters choose to go depends on what lesson they want to leave for their students/disciples and/or due to the momentum of their prarabdha karma.  

Sri Ramakrishna died from cancer. He could have chosen to depart anytime he wanted, but he chose to physically suffer through the cancer so his students could see that he was “unaffected” through the physical suffering. 

Paramahamsa Yogananda set up conditions for his physical  body to not show signs of decay for days after his clinical death. He wanted to demonstrate to his students the power of Kriya yoga.  

• Like 1

My Shifu of Drunken Kung Fu style, before he died, asked to be cremated.

The funeral pyre burned for a week, we think of the incredible power of his chi ...

The truth is that the teacher had died of an alcoholic coma.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've died on a few occasions now. 

I highly recommend it!

p.s.

Spoiler

i got better. but if I didn't have a young son at those times, I'd have not bothered coming back.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I've died on a few occasions now. 

I highly recommend it!

p.s.

Reveal hidden contents

i got better. but if I didn't have a young son at those times, I'd have not bothered coming back.

I am most interested in finding out more about this — if you would like to share.