Taoist Priest

Becoming a Taoist Priest: The correct how to..

Hi to All those Interested in Genuine Taoism.

I am a Fully Ordained Australian Taoist Priest of the "Zheng Yi Dao linage" aka Celestial Masters branch of Taoism. Internationally recognized by The Chinese Taoist Association of China.and the Eight Immortals Taoist Temple aka, "BA Xian AN" Taoist Temple in XI'AN Shaanxi Province PRC.

I am the Principal and Owner of a genuine Taoist Qi Cultivation and Taoist Qi-gong Education School in Western Australia.  .

I have no political connection nor will I go into such discussions as they have nothing to do with being a Taoist..

All genuine Taoist questions like:

How do I become an official fully ordained Taoist Priest?

What is  the correct and proper education and training required? 

What is the importance of Linage? 

What are the two main branches of Religious and Spiritual Taoism? 

Can I be a Taoist and not be Religious? 

What is required if I only want to be a "Philosophical Taoist". (a person who only follows the teachings of the "Tao Te Ching".  

What Taoist books do I need to study.

Are cross cultural religious studies Important? 

• Like 1

Hello Taoist Priest,

Welcome to the bums; your membership is approved. 

This is a rather eclectic philosophical/spiritual type forum, and you will find fellow travelers who are other than “genuine Taoist.” 

There are three topics pinned at the top of this welcome sub forum regarding rules and expectations, please ensure you are familiar with them.

On 2/10/2021 at 2:51 AM, Taoist Priest said:

Hi to All those Interested in Genuine Taoism.

What Taoist books do I need to study.

Welcome to the site.  Great to have experienced practitioners here.  

I'd be interested in learning which books you'd recommend.

thanks

Michael

@Taoist Priest Taoism is full of references to directions like in the Yi Jing, the Bagua and so on.   The north is associated with water, cold; the south is hot and fire.  However, being in Australia, all directions are reversed, the meanings attached to the directions are reversed too.  There are 2 types of treatment, one is treat Australia as if in the northern hemisphere, another is to re-draw the Bagua completely to reflect the new environment.  From your experience, which is the better way?