mantis

retention

I asked my teacher today about retention. He said it's crazy to start too soon, too young, or without an accompanying practice that is designed to be used with it. Retention is not part of neigong's foundation. It is used for specific cultivation and for old men!

wow. Who is your esteemed teacher? What is his core expertise area?

i want to ejaculate and be on my way.

That is sad. The act is where all the pleasure and meaning are.... Perhaps you need to work more on your feelings than your physical ability ability to control.

wow. Who is your esteemed teacher? What is his core expertise area?

He works as a Chinese Medicine doctor. His teachings are from Longmen Pai (龙门派). Aside from Wang Li Ping (王力平) I'm not sure his teachers names would mean much to you. If you'd like to learn more and your Chinese is up to snuff, check out 《钟吕传道集注译-灵宝毕法注译》 this book is by Shen Zhigang (沈志刚), one of Master Wang's senior students. It does a pretty good job of explaining the Longmen Pai system, though you'd still certainly need a teacher to practice it.

I don't claim any mastery of the system. I'm simply relating that yesterday we had a discussion about building Jing. I mentioned what I know about building Jing to be eating well, practicing gongfu that builds the body, living on a natural routine, and not ejaculating. For the "not ejaculating" part he let me know that I still didn't really understand Jing. I said in America many people practiced retention for their neigong. He shook his head and basically said, that practice doesn't start until much later. Of course you don't want to over do ejaculation, but you also don't want to under do it. For a practitioner my age, 26, it's unnatural until I reach a specific level of cultivation. And even then, it's a practice you undertake for a period of time to achieve something.

This is the practice of the Dao. It's about being natural and about changing. There are no static rules that you follow through the whole course of cultivation. Any universal imperative will lead to ruin. The Taijitu is all about motion. From a state of yin you practice yang. But if you continue to practice just yang yang yang, you will stagnate. From a state of yang you practice yin. This keeps the taiji of your cultivation in motion.

this is where my age comes into play. some of you may say "i wish i knew about this or that when i was younger" but in reality there isn't much of a difference. emotionally i am an asshole plain and simple and this is how i come off to most people but i don't try to be like that, it just happens for whatever reason. i am cold to most people and if i don't like you i am willing to bet you'll catch on real fast.

this is why i am interested in ayp - yogani's system. all of the teachings are online and when you are ready you take it to the next step. if i could i'd love going to wherever it is in the world and creating the disciple-guru relationship because really this is a serious issue (not even talking about retention here just the spiritual path in general).

when i used to practice retention i used to get a warm feeling and a kind of tingling pushing to pleasure and so forth, now that i don't i just want to ejaculate and that's that.

i don't know, a lot of esoteric schools all point to the same thing, not ejaculating. if i do take it up again (i am leaning in that direction) i am going to do it with yogani's ayp since it includes the spinal breathing. last time i did retention i also did pranyama which i did not use this time and could have been a factor in the overall decline of the practice.

one thing we do have that the ancients didn't is communication, some of you are in china yet we are here exchanging messages. i thank everyone who has posted in this topic and i am now just trying to absorb all of this and come to a conclusion, whatever that may be.

He works as a Chinese Medicine doctor. His teachings are from Longmen Pai (龙门派). Aside from Wang Li Ping (王力平) I'm not sure his teachers names would mean much to you.

thanks. this is all i need to know. Seems like WLP has cornered the market.

thanks. this is all i need to know. Seems like WLP has cornered the market.

Wang Liping is the main lineage transmitter for Longmen Pai. This is the daoism Lu Dongbin pioneered and many sincere cultivators gave their lives to test and perfect. That's not to say it's the only branch of daoism, there are plenty, but it is a big branch. So why not share the information? I'd rather not see a sincere student like mantis screw himself into a hole it will take years to dig out of.

So what's this market you refer to? I don't see Wang Liping turning a profit. My teacher doesn't charge me and his teachers didn't charge him. Big market huh? He's not exactly prostheletizing.

I'd like to understand you Proc, it's hard to do through words, but perhaps you could give us an introduction. I recall you have studied Chen style taijiquan. What else? Translated books? Here's an opportunity, please, liberate the Tao Bum market from the vicious grip of that dastardly WLP! Who is your esteemed teacher? What is his core of expertise?

Wang Liping is the main lineage transmitter for Longmen Pai.

i am not so sure but i am not contesting that.

So why not share the information?
i am all for sharing. who said anything against sharing?

So what's this market you refer to? I don't see Wang Liping turning a profit.

how many times did you see him at all? Are you in Dalian?

My teacher doesn't charge me and his teachers didn't charge him. Big market huh? He's not exactly prostheletizing.
Your case is a very surprising exception then. A book about him is spread all over the globe, he gives seminars, his senior students bring foreigners to him - that is exactly proselytizing . Please kindly note that i do not impugn anybody. Whatever is he doing, more power to him i do not blame him.

I'd like to understand you Proc, it's hard to do through words, but perhaps you could give us an introduction. I recall you have studied Chen style taijiquan. What else? Translated books?
yeah i have translated books:) let me know if you wanna see an excerpt on leackage, 26 -it is not too late yet.

Who is your esteemed teacher? What is his core of expertise?

you will easily find that info in my previous posts. Edited by Procurator

let me know if you wanna see an excerpt on leackage, 26 -it is not too late yet.

Of course I would like to hear your take on leakage, the more information the merrier. My notion is make the info available and let the individual sort out what works. Better yet, get a good teacher to help.

And no, I don't live in Dalian, maybe someday as I like the Chinese Northeast, but Xi'an is my home for now. I haven't met WLP, and aside from David's people I don't know how many foreigners have studied with him. And honestly I don't know what to make of the whole David thing. I do know WLP basically just charged overhead at his seminar in Hainan this last summer. I also know he's far from rich. That said, I would love to get one of David's students on the line and get some details.

I think we share a similar skepticism of what we haven't experienced personally. And wow there are a lot of stories over here that are pretty hard to swallow. Things like blind faith never really worked for me. I need the experience. So I'll believe it when I see it. But in the mean time, I have a great deal of trust and respect for my teacher, I can also see for myself that he has manifested real ability, so when he vouches for a guy that means a lot to me.

Are you really going to make me ferret out the info on your teacher just to sate my unenlightened curiosity?

Are you really going to make me ferret out the info on your teacher just to sate my unenlightened curiosity?

you are right. I have just tried the search engine on this site and its a joke.

My teachers expertise is in alchemy and internal MA. He belongs to Wu -Lu pai.

Where can you buy the book from Wang Li Pings senior diciple and what is the english name for it?

WYG

The book I mentioned has not been translated into English, shame there's a lot of great stuff in it. Give me a few years and I'll do it myself if I have to. Explains the Dragon Gate system, levels and all, and then the rest is a modern translation of Lu Dongbin's questions to his teacher. Very good quality but not easy reading for me just yet. I'll photo copy and translate some of the charts and pictures in the book one of these days and post 'em up here.

Thanks for the info Proc, I don't know much about Wu-lu, or many traditions for that matter. Before I got to China I was more a figure-it-all-out-myself kind of cultivator, I'm not sure I had it wrong but the tradition here has been good for me. Should you care to share more about Wu-lu I'd love to hear.

Thankx for this discussion guys. Hope to one day find a way to really learn Chinese.

And welcome 松永道 :)

I think heaven's ban on sharing information ended with industry, bullets and atomic bombs.

Could it be part of its punishment?

:)

Harry

Could it be part of its punishment?

:)

Harry

Correct. As in everything there are two ways to learn about Heaven's punishment - and only one of them is easy. B)

Edited by Procurator