Sign in to follow this  
Lao Xiong

New Here

Hello

I have been in Chinese Internal martial arts for years (Xingyiquan, Baguazhang, Taijiquan) and I have bee very interested in Taoism for many years. Thought I'd join and look around

T

• Like 4

Welcome to the Tao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join click on [Reveal hidden contents] give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friend along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Its amazing how many of us here started out in the martial arts.  Welcome to the board.

TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

• Like 1

@SongShuhangDo you have something specific in mind, since you do not believe that the three major IMA are working with qi?

SFQ?

S&M?

Or something involving seated in lotus on the ground, in a state between wake and sleep, with a laser like focus? 

• Like 1

😐
5 hours ago, Cleansox said:

@SongShuhangDo you have something specific in mind, since you do not believe that the three major IMA are working with qi?

SFQ?

S&M?

Or something involving seated in lotus on the ground, in a state between wake and sleep, with a laser like focus? 

Most martial artists don't believe in Qi, to begin with. It is not different in China.

I know many people who do practice Taiji but know nothing about force or Qi.

How would you know this? And what makes you think qi is simply a matter of belief?

51 minutes ago, SongShuhang said:

Most martial artists don't believe in Qi, to begin with. It is not different in China.

19 hours ago, Lao Xiong said:

Hello

I have been in Chinese Internal martial arts for years (Xingyiquan, Baguazhang, Taijiquan) and I have bee very interested in Taoism for many years. Thought I'd join and look around

T

Hey Lao.

Welcome to the Bums.  Glad you chose to bring your experience to the forum.

If I were to begin one more form in this life, it would be Baguazhang.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SongShuhang said:

Hey there,

Do you practice any Qigong or energy-based practices, or just martial arts without Qi?

Xingyiquan is big on Stance training which is basically a qigong, My Taijiquan Shifu taught us some qigong. I have also trained some qigong

Also I have trained with a lot of martial artists and teachers from China, all seem to believe in Qi and internal qigong. However not many believe in the projection of Qi to knock someone over.

The only Chinese martial artist, who was also from China, that I trained with that completely avoided talking about or attributing anything to Qi was a Sanda (police version) teacher that I had

Edited by Lao Xiong

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Hey Lao.

Welcome to the Bums.  Glad you chose to bring your experience to the forum.

If I were to begin one more form in this life, it would be Baguazhang.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Thanks. I have not trained as much Bagua as I have xingyi and Taiji, I have trained a little bit of 3 different styles. but I am looking to start training Bagua again soon, Cheng style.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 3:51 PM, Lao Xiong said:

Thought I'd join and look around

Nice to meet you Lao Xiong, I'm new here too, but have been on another similar forum for years.

Many blessings and best wishes on all your endeavors.

Sincerely,

Sign in to follow this