Kenzo

How to start on martial arts cultivation

Hi everybody.

I just want to ask some help and suggestions on where do i start on martial arts cultivation?

One that boost physical and mental state especially on fighting.

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

Welcome to the Dao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friend along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Welcome, when it comes to martial arts, check out what's relatively nearby.  I've come to believe the teacher is more important then the art.  A great teacher will get you further and be more inspiring in a so so art, then a mediocre teacher in what you conceive as fabulous or exotic.  Try out classes or at least audit them.  Look closely at the senior students, that what you will become, not the teacher but the people who've trained under them. 

The TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

Check out the refine the zz alignments thread for starters, and continue to post there. 

And Welcome 😊

On 11/06/2020 at 5:19 AM, Kenzo said:

Hi everybody.

I just want to ask some help and suggestions on where do i start on martial arts cultivation?

Thanks so much!

Hi Kenzo !

martial art cultivation cultivate the spirit of the peaceful warrior, very few internal martial arts focus on practical/real situations. They mostly train to fight to not to fight. The benefits on health, internal understanding and inner peace are huge but it's certainly not the shortest way to learn how to handle a street fight.

Otherwise real teacher/real student a winning couple.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:19 PM, Kenzo said:

Hi everybody.

Thanks so much!

My recommendation is to find a good teacher who represents a credible lineage.

Then learn to be a good student. 

In the meantime, continue to condition your Horse, is easy enough to learn on one's own. Also if you have access to even a few square meters of garden, check this original Earth Cultivation training style:

Spoiler

;)

I joke around, but have you actually tried farming without tools! It actually will give you a certain edge when you do find a good group to practice with.