anshino23

Internal Arts and Mental Processing / Intelligence

On 30.4.2020 at 9:55 AM, freeform said:

There are forms of Qigong that deliberately work on that. These are all designed to generate the correct mental qualities for meditation and other processes like 'the spiritual mirror'.

What is "the spiritual mirror?

On 8/24/2022 at 4:15 PM, markern said:

Not easy to explain.  There are several facets.

We are all mirrors of each other, in that we have to have the thing inside us (a personality defect, e.g.) in order to recognize it in another.  Or if we continually manifest something in our life, maybe an unwanted thing, like a particular personality type - it's just the same dynamic playing over and over inside us that needs that personality defect to 'complete' our emotional loop.  The emotional loop needing completion is the one that has been there from early childhood, and it wants to be re-enacted over and over again until we finally get the message and change the thing inside ourselves that causes the re-appearance.

E.G. I have always attracted emotionally damaged men.  It's because of the savior complex I still have inside me, that thing that needs to 'fix' something, because I couldn't fix myself.  We can actually look at our own progress through the nature of the people we attract around us.  If the same character types keep showing up, we can be sure it's not 'them', it's 'us'.

• Like 3

On 25/08/2022 at 12:15 AM, markern said:

Well technically it’s an aspect of inner esoteric physiology (deep part of the upper Dantien and central channel). But as a practice it’s to do with working with the light of the original spirit in a ‘mechanistic’ way.

• Like 1

On 29.04.2020 at 8:55 PM, anshino23 said:

Is it possible to enhance basic levels of cognitive performance through the internal arts ... and if so, to what degree? We read about samadhi and mental absorption and changing the physiology using internal alchemy; but while I can see it affecting your ability to concentrate and your intuitive capabilities quite dramatically (including but not limited to things like 'reading' people/energetics through the 'third eye') does it really enhance intelligence in terms of depth of mental processing, faster pattern recognition, logic, reasoning, etc.

Yes, through proper magic training. Not possible in Daoist tradition, at least I have not observed any. Meditating on Lower Dan Tien and stretching will certainly not make anyone smarter.

On 29.04.2020 at 8:55 PM, anshino23 said:

So something that intriqued me a few days ago watching Elon Musk talk on Joe Rogan was the way he processes information. By the look of it, his eyes move a lot as if he's recalling information or visualising things in detail on-the-spot, but it also reminds me of like very fast processing speed. 

Elon Musk is not smart. That is only an image (Illusion) created for the audience, of an "Iron Man", or "Genius Inventor", a lot of people in this world (Idiocracy) don't see reality through the veil of Maya, and buy all kinds of imaginary stuff as 100% truth. That is also why people end up "training" for decades under people with no real skills and qualifications.

• Like 2