Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

Anyone use online dating apps?

So in this new climate of social distancing it can be hard to meet prospective mates, get dates, etc.

Dr. Fauci recently was asked about the issue 

https://nypost.com/2020/04/15/fauci-endorses-tinder-hookups-with-a-caveat/

So I'd like to open a discussion in where we can discuss meeting people through online dating. Share experiences, compare notes, and help each other find success in ways that are positive, win/win, and respectful for both men and women

Edited by Immortal4life

Man, is this really necessary for this forum? I don't find it "wrong" per se, but whether it's in good taste or not is the real issue.

Personally, I wouldn't be posting private conversations for dating and hooking up not just because of privacy, but because really: do you need some sort of approval, advice, or feedback for your conquests and your prospects when you've already boasted about some 85 women in another thread? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I feel it's ok since I thought I was careful to block out any potentially identifying information.

Dating and relationships are a subject I enjoy and am very interested in. Since I decided to check this place out again in my social distanced boredom, have recently gotten back into online dating, and it's a topical subject in the news right now, I just thought maybe someone might be interested, perhaps I could help some people, or we could have insightful discussions.

Why do you personally feel a resistance or discomfort concerning it? What issues might you be repressing in yourself?

Edited by Immortal4life

12 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

I feel it's ok since I thought I was careful to block out any potentially identifying information.

Dating and relationships are a subject I enjoy and am very interested in. Since I decided to check this place out again in my social distanced boredom, have recently gotten back into online dating, and it's a topical subject in the news right now, I just thought maybe someone might be interested, perhaps I could help some people, or we could have insightful discussions.

Why do you personally feel a resistance or discomfort concerning it? What issues might you be repressing in yourself?

I just said I have no problems with it, I just don’t find it tasteful posting about that here because you keep mentioning your conquests and dating life in every thread.

Even if you block out names, these are still private conversations. Go forward these links to your prospects and see how they feel about you posting their conversations here.

They might not relate to logically analyzing conversations, working as a team with each other, and giving fedback, because women tend to typically favor emotion and intuition when it comes to dating and mate selection. But I can tell you women show their girlfriends their conversations all the time, to get their friends intuitive feedback, see how their friends react to see if the guy will fit in well with their social circle, and to have a fun laugh mocking the creepy and dorky ones. 

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

Even if you block out names, these are still private conversations. Go forward these links to your prospects and see how they feel about you posting their conversations here.

I'll tell you what, after I've really solidified it, had sex with them several times, and fully emotionally converted them, I will do this and I guarantee they won't care. If I do it out of the blue before that point, then yeah of course that would be weird as shit

Edited by Immortal4life

5 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

They wouldn't relate to logically analyzing conversations and working as a team with feedback, because women tend to typically favor emotion and intuition when it comes to dating and mate selection. 

Don't presume to speak for them or assume how women think as a whole or even these two individuals--if they saw their own conversations copied here, I guarantee you that you will be hearing a lot from them...

Hell, it might inspire some women on this forum to either roll their eyes at how stupid this is, or comment if they feel you need to hear it. 

Either way, bad taste and no respect for privacy. 

This is Taoist forum, not a hookup discussion forum--know your audience, dude.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Probably not, they wouldnt relate, so they would just lose attraction and move on to the next guy. You're presuming more than I am. Some women do find logical analysis of dating dynamics interesting though. It just has to be presented in a way they can emotionally relate to.

Women are beautiful, emotionally, wonderful creatures, who give back tenfold however much energy and love you give to them.

But apparently success with women, accepting women's real nature, triggers something deep inside you. Something you're insecure about and pushing down so you can't fully express yourself or your sexuality.

Edited by Immortal4life

Just now, Immortal4life said:

Probably not, they wouldnt relate, so they would just lose attraction and move on to the next guy.

Okay, you remind me of someone who doesn't know how to read a situation and just programmed his reality to be about the game.

I once knew an idiot who went into a pub and said to a table full of Israelis and Germans, 

"So how about that Holocaust?!" :lol:

You can imagine what kind of reception he got. If you can't see the parallels with the kind of things you're posting not just in this thread, but everywhere else where you seem to inject your dating life into the subject, I think I know someone who could've been one of your drinking buddies. 

Granted, having a dedicated thread to this is better than spreading your stories in every other thread, but you're in a forum that probably isn't interested in this and you should really just stick to a reddit and specific sub-reddit for this.

Otherwise, start giving a history lecture on the Dadaist influence on Fluxus in the middle of copulating with your date and see how well that fits into the situation, if it contributes to it or if it makes your date raise her eyebrows and wonder what the hell you're doing. You're doing the same thing here. 

5 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Otherwise, start giving a history lecture on the Dadaist influence on Fluxus in the middle of copulating with your date and see how well that fits into the situation, if it contributes to it or if it makes your date raise her eyebrows and wonder what the hell you're doing. You're doing the same thing here. 

I bet I could pull it off and make it work

And afterwards they'll be all like "that was so hot, what was that stuff you were talking about, it turned me on so much you sounded so smart"

Edited by Immortal4life

6 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

I bet I could pull it off and make it work

And afterwards they'll be all like "that was so hot, what was that stuff you were talking about, it turned me on so much you sounded so smart"

And this is why people can discuss sex and sexuality on the forum in other topics, and you can't: everything is about you and your conquests and how women are just programs you've hacked with your pickup artist techniques. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

I never said anything like that. Women are beautiful, emotionally, wonderful creatures, who give back tenfold however much energy and love you give to them.

But apparently success with women, accepting women's real nature, triggers something deep inside you. Something you're insecure about and pushing down so you can't fully express yourself or your sexuality.

I never indicated anything about my success with women, as I don't kiss and tell. 

I don't debate women's real nature because that's not my place to discuss, it's theirs

Nothing triggered, I'm just the guy telling you that you've got no clue about reading a situation here or what's appropriate, like the idiot who mentioned the Holocaust to the Israelis and Germans at the pub and deserved the reaction he got from them. 

12 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I never indicated anything about my success with women, as I don't kiss and tell. 

I don't debate women's real nature because that's not my place to discuss, it's theirs

None of this is honorable, nor will it gain you any attraction or respect. Perhaps lip service or empty pats on the back, but nothing real. Good little guy, you're a well behaved little boy. You know it was really nice to meet you, bye now, more men should be as nice as you, bye.

Psychological studies have shown all people are notoriously bad at self analysis. Talk is cheap in other words. Remember the old saying "actions speak louder than words". If we want to get at truth, a goal and fundamental principle of Taoists, we need analysis not self reporting.  A person's nature will always be revealed in their actions not their words. When a subject knows they're being observed the results of the study become skewed. Words don't show much, results are king. Similar to the difference between an experiment or study, and a survey😉😂

Edited by Immortal4life

27 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

I'll tell you what, after I've really solidified it, had sex with them several times, and fully emotionally converted them, I will do this and I guarantee they won't care. If I do it out of the blue before that point, then yeah of course that would be weird as shit

This from the guy who didn't want his teachers to know what kind of shit he was posting on a forum. Right. You're afraid of your teachers seeing how you act, but not how women you want to date. Sure.

9 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

None of this is honorable, nor will it gain you any attraction or respect. Perhaps lip service or empty pats on the back, but nothing real. Good little guy, you're a well behaved little boy. You know it was really nice to meet you, bye now, more men should be as nice as you, bye.

Psychological studies have shown all people are notoriously bad at self analysis. Talk is cheap in other words. Remember the old saying "actions speak louder than words". If we want to get at truth, a goal and fundamental principle of Taoists, we need analysis not self reporting.  A person's nature will always be revealed in their actions not their words. When a subject knows they're being observed the results of the study become skewed. Words don't show much, results are king. Similar to the difference between an experiment or study, and a survey😉😂

Riiiiight. Just because I don't brag about what I can do, what I have done, doesn't mean I don't do it nor have never done it. You want to compare audacity with dating with me, "little boy"? That ain't gonna happen on this forum, but it will happen in an appropriate forum on the subject of dating

You can keep talking about "psychological studies" but until you cite sources and actually show how well you understand them instead of using the fire escape of sweeping generalizations and false conclusions, you pretty much register as a sleaze who thinks he has marital skill and pickup skills but has never seen the real thing or met the real masters in action.

Too predictable, a guy who thinks he has the regality of a phoenix is nothing more than a fratboy peacocking for attention. 

Talk to me when you've got something really worthwhile bragging about, "little boy". 

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

you pretty much register as a sleaze who thinks he has marital skill and pickup skills but has never seen the real thing or met the real masters in action.

Too predictable, a guy who thinks he has the regality of a phoenix is nothing more than a fratboy peacocking for attention. 

Talk to me when you've got something really worthwhile bragging about, "little boy". 

Didn't mean to get you quite so riled up😂

Didn't mean to get you quite so riled up😂

You'd have to make me care to get me riled up. 

Don't presume to speak for them or assume how women think as a whole or even these two individuals-- [...]

But, Jordan Peterson says blah blah blah, and this study indicates further blah blah blah...

Thank you. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

But, Jordan Peterson says blah blah blah, and this study indicates further blah blah blah...

Thank you. 

Hey there's no need to pick on Jordan, he's a nice guy.

Edited by Immortal4life

Hey there's no need to pick on Jordan he's a nice guy.

I thought nice guys finished last. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

Hey there's no need to pick on Jordan, his hearts in the right place.

Considering his bizarre beef-only diet and his benzo addiction I’m guessing his heart is somewhere in the vicinity of his left calf at this point. 

Or you meant his metaphorical heart. Also wrong. The guy is a scam artist.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this