Sign in to follow this  
Ashbell

Searching for my way

Hi, I joined yesterday and I was reading sooo many threads already. I actually enjoyed reading most of them, but then I kinda realized, I don't know which qigong art should I even perform. It's important for me because I know that I wanna focus only on one art and not change it after few months or so on. I am really open to any suggestions and I am really grateful for any of them. It's probably hard to make suggestion to completely unknown person, so here are few details about me:) I am not much of a sport person, but really passionate about practicing, when I meditate I always lose myself in my mind and I started learning about qigong because I wanted to understand myself better.

Thank you so much for every reply:)

• Like 1

Every person has there own "nature" and thus will resonate with different techniques. PM me and i may be able to help you find some methods appropriate to your powers. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I think you've got the right idea, yet I'd recommend you sleep around and play the field a bit.  What I mean is, if you're unaware of the many types of chi gung out there.  Try a few, give'em some time, see what style connects.  See what people here, whose writing you respect are up to.  Also investigate what spiritual/esoteric arts may be close to you.  A community center yoga or tai chi course may not sound exotic, but there are gems out there.  A live teacher can bring better results then a master 1,000 miles away. 

Though when you have experience it is worth while to visit great teachers and be faithful to the art. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

RiverSnake is a very helpful lad and has been a long-time member here, so enjoy the discovery process. 

Sign in to follow this