Sign in to follow this  
Earl Grey

Town Hall Meeting on Self-Governance for TDB Re: No Mods or Sean Currently

11 minutes ago, steve said:

If members are interested in more moderation here, they may want to send sean a private message and volunteer to be a moderator.

Has anyone tried that?

8 minutes ago, ralis said:

I already tried that when Sean came back on the site last year. I have no idea what is going on with him.

Yup, same. 

• Thanks 1

There a few others that left the site, but lurk around here almost everyday. Banning those two along with a few other trolls would be good for the site. It appears that Jeff has been run off although I do see him here from time to time. He should be banned!

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Yup, same. 

Glad to see some folks are interested.

I don't know what sean's intention is.

I guess for now we'll need to make due.

The ignore function is useful.

I have no objection to documenting behavior folks would like to see modified.

The only thing that really gets my goat here are threats and scams.

The rest I can deal with... most of the time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Earl Grey said:
  • Post screen captures and a short description of violations for record keeping

I would suggest no screen captures because the site (like all forums) have a limit on each member for stored images.  So I would just suggest links and quotes. 

15 hours ago, dawei said:

I would suggest no screen captures because the site (like all forums) have a limit on each member for stored images.  So I would just suggest links and quotes. 

The problem with links and quotes is that people edit out the offending material before they’re caught and this documents it. There are plenty of free hosting services like drop box and imgur.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

The problem with links and quotes is that people edit out the offending material before they’re caught and this documents it. There are plenty of free hosting services like drop box and imgur.

That's true.  Another problem we found in the newest version is in Reports... in the past, it preserved the original thread... but now if you edit that thread, it show it more like it was linked to... so editing an original thread will remove the report content.

I think you have a good alternative idea. 

Sign in to follow this