Sign in to follow this  
XAB

Retaking the flying phoenix. What happened to this section?

After a few years researching other methods (mainly Bruce Frantzis and hakka methods), I want to give a chance to the 4th and 5th DVD of the flying phoenix. Especially to sitting meditations. I was surprised to see that now the blog has no access ... or it is restricted (what happened?).

I would like to have access to the instructions of Sifu Dunn, they have been useful for the previous DVDs. And I haven't read the other forums for a long time (although I was never registered until now). I'm sure I'll find interesting news ...

Regards

16 hours ago, XAB said:

After a few years researching other methods (mainly Bruce Frantzis and hakka methods), I want to give a chance to the 4th and 5th DVD of the flying phoenix. Especially to sitting meditations. I was surprised to see that now the blog has no access ... or it is restricted (what happened?).

I would like to have access to the instructions of Sifu Dunn, they have been useful for the previous DVDs. And I haven't read the other forums for a long time (although I was never registered until now). I'm sure I'll find interesting news ...

Regards

It was moved to the PPJ section to allow better personal control over moderation of the thread due to trolls and spammers who came in saying inane things like breath sequences are a waste of time and derailing the thread, along with scammers trying to lure students out.

Thread here in ppj section for zenbear.

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/12639-flying-phoenix-chi-kung/

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if there could be a locked thread where it used to be, with a link to the PPD? 

In case others are looking for it in the wrong spot.

@sean

6 hours ago, thelerner said:

I wonder if there could be a locked thread where it used to be, with a link to the PPD? 

In case others are looking for it in the wrong spot.

@sean

It's a common issue, but on our end, Sifu Terry sends out instructions to new students via his personal e-mail on how to join and find the forum, while assigning me to find people like this to get them over to the main thread until that's resolved. This was an issue addressed by the previous admin to get rid of the scammers and spammers, but it was never a permanent solution due to the fact that it is in the PPJ, it can't be found in public web searches the way that the old thread once was. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

It's a common issue, but on our end, Sifu Terry sends out instructions to new students via his personal e-mail on how to join and find the forum, while assigning me to find people like this to get them over to the main thread until that's resolved. This was an issue addressed by the previous admin to get rid of the scammers and spammers, but it was never a permanent solution due to the fact that it is in the PPJ, it can't be found in public web searches the way that the old thread once was. 

One day I'm going to have enough spare time and take enough ritalin to code my own forum. One of the features I envision is everyone being basically a mod of every topic they start, with the ability to add new mods to any of their topics as well (e.g. for this exact scenario, where someone would like trusted help moderating one of their popular, longstanding topics).

Sean

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sean said:

One day I'm going to have enough spare time and take enough ritalin to code my own forum. One of the features I envision is everyone being basically a mod of every topic they start, with the ability to add new mods to any of their topics as well (e.g. for this exact scenario, where someone would like trusted help moderating one of their popular, longstanding topics).

Sean

One problem: the original person who started the FP thread is no longer active here but gave their blessings to Terry and the previous administration to make it his PPJ to preserve continuity.

Sign in to follow this