dwai

Tai chi dream lesson

Had an interesting tai chi dream lesson last night. A teacher (don’t recollect who, wasn’t my master) expounded on the principles of taijiquan. He told me, tai chi is bone, mind and field. 

By bone i interpreted two ways - the skeletal structure and the bone marrow where jin(g)is stored.

Mind is intent - Yi 

Field is the energy/mind field which forms the surface of our “bubbles”, and it’s surface tension is how our power works. 

Does any of this resonate with anyone? Would love to read your thoughts on it :) 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, dwai said:

Had an interesting tai chi dream lesson last night. A teacher (don’t recollect who, wasn’t my master) expounded on the principles of taijiquan. He told me, tai chi is bone, mind and field. 

By bone i interpreted two ways - the skeletal structure and the bone marrow where jin(g)is stored.

Mind is intent - Yi 

Field is the energy/mind field which forms the surface of our “bubbles”, and it’s surface tension is how our power works. 

Does any of this resonate with anyone? Would love to read your thoughts on it :) 

What a wonderfilled gift.  So much transmitted with just a few words.

Congrats mate...and thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dwai said:

Mind is intent - Yi 

Cool dream.  :) 

Just a couple of days ago I was reading an article about a scientific discovery that showed once again (to those with eyes to see) how right the classical taoist take is on the human subtle physiology.  What researchers at Columbia U discovered is that it is not the adrenals but the bones that initiate the hormonal signaling underlying our response to danger, by releasing the hormone osteocalcin which initiates a whole cascade of functions.  This "in the bone" response precedes, optimizes, backs up and can even replace the adrenal response.  Quoting from the article:

"...these findings suggest we need a radical re-think of the role of bones, which have previously been viewed as mostly inert structures (...). They may have evolved to protect us from acute danger by activating the flight-or-fight response, optimizing muscle function, providing the structural framework needed for our bodies to move and escape, and forming a protective cage around our organs."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dwai said:

Mind is intent - Yi 

Not uncommon for people to learn higher insights through dreams--Chen Tuan received Liuhebafa through that. Good work! This is a mark of great progress in your practice!

• Like 1