Bruce Qi

Can't stand in static , any good moving qigongs ?

Hey everyone ,

my left foot is wrecked for some reason ,  absolutely kills me when I stand in a static position so any qigongs where you stand in one place and do movements are out as is zhang zhuan,  that doesn't leave me much I know but anyone know any good qigong where you are moving rather than standing in one spot ?

The question is also if your Zhan Zhuang is correct in practice and whom you learned it from because I’ve seen students with this problem before who needed correction and adjustments.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

The question is also if your Zhan Zhuang is correct in practice and whom you learned it from because I’ve seen students with this problem before who needed correction and adjustments.

I have a joint health issue so I think its that effecting it.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Qi said:

I have a joint health issue so I think its that effecting it.

Yes we have worked with this before too but until I have a clearer picture I am just chiming in and saying that yes you can do Zhan Zhuang even with those issues as in our school we’ve healed joint issues from adjusted and correct practice.

A lot of people just picked up a book or looked on YouTube so that’s why I’m chiming in to check. Some people say it’s bad for your knees but if it is then often their stance is wrong.

• Like 2

Shortly (less than a week) after learning the Fire Hands qi gong form from Master Zhou, I snapped off the lower inch of my lateral malleolus on my left foot.  Not wanting to lose the inertia of transmission, I played the form seated in a chair with feet flat on the floor and worked with tummo to augment the lack of standing posture.  It was remarkably effective in my case.

After two weeks of an hour a day in the chair I was able to stand and play the form and the foot held with mild discomfort (but not pain), six weeks from that, all was fully healed.

There are many variations of tummo that circulate energy and blood very effectively

May you recover strength and mobility soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Bruce Qi said:

Hey everyone ,

my left foot is wrecked for some reason ,  absolutely kills me when I stand in a static position so any qigongs where you stand in one place and do movements are out as is zhang zhuan,  that doesn't leave me much I know but anyone know any good qigong where you are moving rather than standing in one spot ?

Have you tried modifying your standing to seated? Using the same type of postures, you can sit on a flat chair with your feet resting on the ground and get many of the same effects :) 

You can even do tai chi forms while seated on a chair. My master often shows this to students who have issues with their feet or balance. 

@silent thunder I saw your post right after I posted this comment. Nice!

Edited by dwai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1