rideforever

Bliss of the Divine Union

I am always very interested about discovering the "original intention" and "original meaning" behind various spiritual or cultural ideas.  Because if you are smart enough to criticize then you should be smart enough to understand what was originally intended.

I happen to be a fan of James Bond movies, and I love the divine union of yin and yang represented in them, which was the life blood of a vision of Europe for many decades, although it is drying up now.   And I just watched the beginning of a retrospective on the movie "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", with the beautiful Diana Rigg speaking in a very posh English accent.  Today, even the posh people speak like rappers wanting to downplay their education and breeding and family money, and talk like the window cleaners and plumbers and pop idols of the world.

But why ?   Is it really a shame to have had a good education ?   And if you are ashamed, then what shall we all do ?   Shall all be stupid and uneducated ?   Will that make everyone feel safe and included ?

Some terrible demoralisation seems to have happened int he Anglosphere.

Actually this posh accent, what was the original intention.   Clearly pronouncing your words, with a deep comprehension of grammar, and a large vocabulary, a sense of history, a sense of your family's history.   In other words it is about being Conscious, present, wise, being part of a trajectory of light, of light yearning people, trying to bring divinity into this world.   The image of royalty.   Royalty originally meant Consciousness.

Underlying the idea that "we are all equal" .... is a lack of understanding of how difficult it is to reach a high education, or to work for decades to make money for your family.   These things are not easy at all, and require great effort.   Teachers may only have one or two students, otherwise it is too many to pass on what is valuable.

Strangely enough whilst the aristocratic and middle classes in the UK and desperately outdoing each other to destroy any sense of their cultivation and busy with mental illnesses, it is the working class, still strong through their daily efforts, and many still having a picture of the Queen on the wall, that retain any sense of higher trajectory.

Strange world.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Underlying the idea that "we are all equal" ....

Behind this message is a good intention - it’s trying to mirror a sense of a pure, unconditional compassion.

But as with anything - if you take a pure virtue like compassion and use it from the perspective of the acquired mind then it will become subverted and this light will cast a shadow.

‘We’re all equal’ turns into ‘we all deserve the same’, ‘everyone’s opinion counts’, ‘we’re all already enlightened (;))’ etc.

• Like 2

Yeah.   Some of these modern phrases, if you really unpick them you start to scratch your head.   Do you actually want to be equal with everyone .... because do you know what everyone else does !!!!!!   Maybe being equal is not actually what you want !!!!

Likewise with the idea of respecting everyone, well I don't think you can.  You can say it, but it's not true.   You respect people who do things you like, things you admire.   You might have well wishing for all people, but that's something different.

These phrases are all a bit mindless.

Those spiritual seekers who want rainbow bodies or to be bodhisattva .... they want to be big big beings.   

Good !!!!

But yeah, the highest is in the lowest.   Meaning that to become big means to become very sensitive.  There is very much here, right here, but can you feel it ?   And then go in more and more, and suddenly there is an inner explosion of realising what is here.

Then there is the question of excess in society and it's numbing effect on people, the excess power is ahead of the ability of people to channel it, and in the excitement people (the vehicles) disintegrate.

I believe that in the 70s (ish) there was an excess of "power", and it was not channelled correctly.
Like if you have an excess harvest .... what will you do with it ?
If you eat it and become glutenous, then you will end up in a worse situation then if you hadn't had an excess.
A big question of "public policy" is how to manage the large and small harvests society makes, so that the power and  vehicles (people) in a society are in harmony.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 2

Thoughts ...

The Daoist point of view presents a bit of a problem for people. Much of Daoism deals with personal development ... cultivation ... as opposed to societal issues. The general advise seems to be by developing yourself you will be in accord with all, including society. If you want to talk about developing society, it might be better to take a Confucian approach. Daoism and Confucianism are not necessarily opposed to each other,  if you take the view of personal development and societal development.

In the human condition we strive for individual recognition ... and at the same time acceptance within society. It's almost paradoxical. The only way through the dilemma at a personal level that I can see is for the individual to recognize these drives within themself and finding their own personal balance. Without that introspection, one becomes driven without understanding why and then becomes entangled in a way of living that is encumbering. This is a skill that would be worthy of teaching young people but sadly isn't.  What we end up with is an unbalanced teaching of whatever is the most politically sensitive/correct view of the day.

I have always been a observer of language taking great interest is accents and idioms. I can am able to switch quite easily between a relatively educated manner of expression and a vernacular that is common to where I live in the US. There is a certain amount of tension ... and perhaps pretension ... in an educated ... posh ... vernacular. I often have used switching to a common vernacular to break that tension and dispell pretension. 

Just a couple of random thoughts.

• Like 2