silent thunder

Whose thoughts do I think? Whose food do I eat?

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

The Book of the Balance :

I don't know this book.

Yes what you experience and observe is the unconscious people.

Where is the identity of these people ?  It is not constant.  It is superficial, a loud bang from something, and their entire train of thought and train of identity collapses.   They lose their place not only in the conversation, but in their identity.   They don't remember who they are where they are or what they were doing.   Then the conversation restarts somehow.

More thinking is only a small part of what they would need to re-integrate the many fragments of their person, and mature into a normally formed person.

Concentration is a way to form a more solid identity.   It is used for instance in the workplace to focus on your job.   And in meditation traditions to solidify your identity.   But this is only initial.   After some time you must make the jump to feeling/abiding in your presence.   As you think actively it forms a centre of identity from where you think.   It is a part of the body that you think from.   Like a ball of energy forms;   it is from there that you think.  Can you feel where it is?   Then you must become that centre, abiding in it.   Then you can drop the thinking and just remain there.   That is awakening, one form anyway.

Some people have the TV on all the time.   They are fully unconscious.   They may attack any attempt to become conscious.   Interestingly in such a state they block out both negative and positive influences.   Because of the low nature of human life, I am not sure if this is such a bad plan.