neti neti

The Way of Understanding

casting various and highly dubious interpretations of the often fragmented content and context of many 'fourth-way" sayings (by use of veiled correlations)  - onto or over other traditions, teachers, people or ways is part of what Mr. G. admittedly said was the  MESS HE LEFT before he passed away,   and imo parroting indirectly (or directly) such is not a new or deep revelation. 

Edited by 3bob
  • Thanks 1

I suggest anyone insisting on pitting apparent opposites vs. each other take the time to look over @Bindi's topic here, without bias.

Effort vs. No Effort

Many posts therein reveal a great deal of insight and experience. :)

Edited by neti neti

1 hour ago, neti neti said:

Yes, tremendous effort is needed, until of course it's discovered that no effort was ever needed at all, whatsoever. For the call to effort was a call to myself, by myself, and wonderfully... through myself.

what bouyant freedom i uncovered

such open clarity and bliss

when i realized that what i'd been seeking

is what had been seeking

unfolding in presence requires nothing

• Like 2

I once met Shiva at the gas pump. He looked like a complete degenerate addict, but with a knowing look in his eye, asked how I was doing.

I replied I'd be a lot better off if that gas wasn't pumping so otherworldly slow. He smiled, and told me slow is OK. otherwise a lot of the good stuff would end up wasted and lost forever.

With one more pause, his eyes glinting in the sun with a devilishly wide grin, he whispered a barely audible... "Paramatman". And with that, took off to find his next fix I suppose.

My how looks possess the power to deceive, and oh how appearances are never as they seem...

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 3

so one's effort and a certain purity is needed to reach the threshold, but once there (so to speak) ones effort alone can not cross or leap further without the helping power of Mystery along with being granted passage to Mystery where things can not go....    

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 3bob said:

so one's effort and a certain purity is needed to reach the threshold, but once there (so to speak) ones effort alone can not cross or leap further without the helping power of Mystery along with being granted passage to Mystery where things can not go....    

I would say a certain purity of intention is key. The wisdom gained from "failures" allows for understanding to unfold as it must. 

• Like 1