s1va

It's a moving target - there is no goal post

On 10/16/2018 at 11:22 AM, s1va said:

I don't think there is a point where we stop or reach an end goal post like enlightenment, nirvana or moksha, etc.  The spiritual growth is like the expansion of this universe.  It's been going on from the time of creation (or start of bigbang) and it will continue.  The same is the case for jivas or individuals also.  All of us are expanding to various levels each day and all the time.  Even if we expand to become everything there is, that 'everything there' is ever growing and we grow with it.

Perhaps until the time we dissolve into the Emptiness or Dao.  Like the universe shrinking into what it was before bigbang.  Then, another explosion and expansion, and so on....

your idea only applies to that which evolves, changes or is a particular being ..it does not apply to the Self which does not evolve, does not gain or loose, thus again does not change and is not a particular being for if it was then it would not be the Self per the Upanishads and other related teachings.

Edited by 3bob
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2018 at 6:34 PM, 3bob said:

your idea only applies to that which evolves, changes or is a particular being ..it does not apply to the Self which does not evolve, does not gain or loose, thus again does not change and is not a particular being for if it was then it would not be the Self per the Upanishads and other related teachings.

Yes, we discussed about this in the front page of this thread.  I mentioned that perhaps I am not talking about the Self from Upanishads.  Something like Shiva from KS will fit what I described well.

The closest idea I have of enlightenment now is that "you" or the I AM dissolves completely and you live life as God in a body. Yet there are problems with this too, are you an observer as a soul in a meatsuit with God using your body? How could that work? It doesn't make sense to me. Because we are all part of God anyway so why would God want to be our bodies.

I feel like the search for enlightenment is quite silly now once fully awakened. I wonder if enlightenment is simply fully awakened. Like the only difference between the Buddha and me was that the Buddha knew who / what he was to the point where it was automatic for him?

Once you realise you are an ego on top of Self, and Self is everything, and after doing the inner work the control the ego has wains to the point where your automatic reactions to say, someone insulting you, no longer exist...what is there after that?

I used to be in a group but I had to leave because they all convinced themselves they are at the energetic level of "nirguna brahman" and are just waiting for that (God) to take over their lives. It didn't and still doesn't feel right for me.

Edited by shortstuff
typo
  • Like 1

sounds like lots of big questions and concepts, in the meantime Dharma's well done will sort all things (karma's) out, how else could one find some peace?      

Funnily enough if you stop searching there is endless peace. It's just the urge to seek, to find the reason for it all, is prominent.

I have found for me anyway it goes in cycles. 3-4 months of seeking, meditating, questioning, exploring other paths, reading the Quran for example, or ACIM, and seeing how bits of each fit in to my experience.

Then suddenly I have some "event" happen which seems to rush through me like a wave and then for a few weeks I have no interest in spirituality at all. I live like a "normal" person, in the dream, until for some reason I snap out of it.

This cycle has occured about 12 times now for about 4 years.

The frustration now is no longer not being enlightened but rather not being able to effectively help others either awaken or progress spiritually. Hence my thread about just that, yesturday. For a long while I didn't help people. I thought I was interfering with their Dharma by helping them. That maybe they need to suffer to awaken, that by trying to help people I am getting in the way of natural awakening.

It also seems that people awaken just by being in my presence. And a few people have told me I have a lightbody and it is pure white, honestly though I only go on what I experience and as I cannot see energy, I don't put much thought/trust into that.

I also read some books by Dolores Cannon that describe "2nd wavers" - people who have come to earth and just walking through a supermarket elevates other peoples consciousness. It resonated with me hugely, but then some of her later teachings started feeling like gobbledee gook.

Edited by shortstuff

2 hours ago, shortstuff said:

Funnily enough if you stop searching there is endless peace. It's just the urge to seek, to find the reason for it all, is prominent.

I have found for me anyway it goes in cycles. 3-4 months of seeking, meditating, questioning, exploring other paths, reading the Quran for example, or ACIM, and seeing how bits of each fit in to my experience.

Then suddenly I have some "event" happen which seems to rush through me like a wave and then for a few weeks I have no interest in spirituality at all. I live like a "normal" person, in the dream, until for some reason I snap out of it.

This cycle has occured about 12 times now for about 4 years.

The frustration now is no longer not being enlightened but rather not being able to effectively help others either awaken or progress spiritually. Hence my thread about just that, yesturday. For a long while I didn't help people. I thought I was interfering with their Dharma by helping them. That maybe they need to suffer to awaken, that by trying to help people I am getting in the way of natural awakening.

It also seems that people awaken just by being in my presence. And a few people have told me I have a lightbody and it is pure white, honestly though I only go on what I experience and as I cannot see energy, I don't put much thought/trust into that.

I also read some books by Dolores Cannon that describe "2nd wavers" - people who have come to earth and just walking through a supermarket elevates other peoples consciousness. It resonated with me hugely, but then some of her later teachings started feeling like gobbledee gook.

it's not assuming to help other people with their Dharma that I meant, it's one's own dharma's in relation to universal dharma's - if we do that right then all this self-torment about what to do or not to do shakes out the way it should via those laws.   What you are posting sounds very contradictory in part, I suggest dropping all thoughts of glory or anxiety in helping people,  for the spirit does that as needed and correctly, not us, although at times through us.  With that being what it is,  and being said,  don't start assuming things about all the dubious new age channeling talk for then you might start walking around saying to yourself people are being awakened because your light body is channeling - which is just more of missing the point and an another level of ego trap.  

That's the biggest problem I have writing this book at the moment..what if the advice I give or the "facts" I give are wrong...even if well intended... I put off writing it for years because...who am I to say X is X...

2 hours ago, shortstuff said:

That's the biggest problem I have writing this book at the moment..what if the advice I give or the "facts" I give are wrong...even if well intended... I put off writing it for years because...who am I to say X is X...

you can say what 'x' is (spiritually) only for yourself, thus no one else without probably tripping them and yourself up.   Have you studied the Tao Teh Ching?  It addresses some of the issues you are apparently struggling with.  (in what could also be called universal dharmic ways)

Edited by 3bob