Bindi

Daoist Magical Transformation Skills by Jerry Alan Johnson

I came across this book Daoist Magical Transformation Skills: Dream Magic, Shape-Shifting, Soul Travel, and Sex Magic written by Professor Jerry Alan Johnson, online, while searching for information on something else, the goldfish in neidan actually, and if anyone knows anything about these neidan goldfish that would be great (there’s nothing much online), but in the meantime I thought that a lot of people on this site might be interested in the information in JAJ’s book. It covers a lot of topics and gives the Daoist version of a lot of the topics discussed on this site, including 'three types of psychic ability', walking through walls (one of my favourite sections), healing, projecting, etc etc. 

• Like 2

Walking through walls (one of my favourite sections), healing, projecting,  etc. are God's abilities.
It's something people can't do. 
God comes into the human body and is done. When this happens, Taoists don't make progress, they become dangerous.
Don't be fooled by Their fancy grammar. 

Edited by dosa
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, dosa said:

Walking through walls (one of my favourite sections), healing, projecting,  etc. are God's abilities.

Ummmmmm .....   depends on the wall

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 10/9/2018 at 7:53 AM, dosa said:

God comes into the human body and is done. When this happens, Taoists don't make progress, they become dangerous.
Don't be fooled by Their fancy grammar. 

What is your experience with Gods, and can you name which ones you have in mind ?

JAJ has a daoist magic background and I've heard of such claims from my past Qigong master which lead me to study 1 year under JAJs system.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dawei said:

What is your experience with Gods, and can you name which ones you have in mind ?

JAJ has a daoist magic background and I've heard of such claims from my past Qigong master which lead me to study 1 year under JAJs system.  

See here?  Thanks.

I looked at Jerry Alan Johnson's book on  Taoist  Magic a few years ago because it was a subject I was interested in. I was looking  for magic specifically from a Taoist point of view, but I saw his book would reference several western  magic  sources for several practices. Some of the western magic sources were good and I liked them, but not really what I was looking for. Also called into question, for me at least, some of where his information was coming from.

But I've never met the man or taken  a formal  course with  him so just take that with  a grain of salt.

• Thanks 1