daneijin

Hello to All

Hello to all on this forum.

Im Aleks from Vienna Austria, 40 years old.

Used to practice Karate and KungFu  as well as play a lot of Sports when younger  and be in quiet a good shape, 

but then 10 years ago I just stopped and got lazy.

Also started drinking and smoking a lot. My deteriorating health  and the birth of my Son shook and woke me up to what I've become (a lazy fat cripple of  industrial modern age men).

So I quit drinking and smoking and started practicing again since the beginning of this year.

Feels Good, but the devastation of the last 10 years is quit substantial, my internal energy is still very very low.

In search of good Neidan - Qi Gong i landed on this site in hope for good Advice and  to make friends in the Way.

Best Regards

Aleks

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hello, daneijin, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Aleks,

Congrats on taking the first step. It’s the hardest one - to quit smoking and drinking. It’s also a slow process but you’ll start to feel better and better each day. Remember to take care with what you eat, as that will give your body the fuel it needs. Don’t put junk in for fuel. Welcome and enjoy !

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin 

• Thanks 1

Hi Aleks.  Welcome.

I'm sure you will find many threads where you can discuss your practice.

Yeah, I still smoke.  Never had a problem with drinking.  But my energy level has been too low lately.  I guess I'm going to have to get back to my Tai Chi.

Best wishes to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Aleks!  Congrats on kicking the smoking and drinking habits.   Glad to hear it feels good.  Don't be too hard on yourself, that never helps.

There are members who are knowledgeable in Neidan and Qigong.  Good luck in finding the answers you are looking for.  

• Thanks 1