kyoji

Into the void..

22 minutes ago, kyoji said:

Also, What did you mean by letting the event turn into a blockage ? How would this work ? I don’t fully understand the nature of blockages and hope you share some more of your thoughts on the matter with me : - ) 

Thought so, about the going back issue i mean. There is no back, forget the fish trap because your fish has already been cooked, eaten and the bones are about to spoil ;)

Ok, blockages... uh... right.

I’m no expert or anything but anything can become a blockage. I consider a blockage a hindrance for things that have places to be. Say like a blockage could be a chronically stiff muscle, it accumulates more waste than it can dispense with, drains energy, doesnt get properly oxygenated because blood cant pass, lymph neither so there is no replenishing and so it functions poorly and affects the whole of the complex to which it is linked, usually the entire person if left untreated for long enough.

That experience or event can become a blockage if it is your standard of comparison:

”THAT felt like This, should feel like Thus, Should Result into These Things.”

If the sentence above here stops being a guiding principle or just a quick mental note to save for later or never and instead turns into a dogma, not unlike what you describe about organized religion, then that event and your subsequent clinging to it has become a blockage.

Its the diametrical opposite of the quote about the fish trap, you’re already doing just fine, you have that quote in your post so there is no real need for me to explain a blockage per se :)

See it as massage for your cultivation. Massage everything, let no part of you dissipate or wither, even your mind and its biases. They are all akin to tools in a maintenance kit, some are levels and plumbs to correct angles, some deal with nuts and bolts etc. Pragmatism in absurdum kinda.

Sadly no wu-shaman books.

I have no reads on the connection with Wu-shamanism except what can be traced through wikipedias article on daoism in general and its historical roots i think. Its in a section about the development of a pictogram that started out as a depiction of a person adorned with feathers and whatnot.

I’ll be looking back on the subject, if i find something more concrete regarding scholarly delvings on it i’ll post it here.

I can recommend the book ”Taoist Master Chuang”by whatshisname, its an account of a guy who studied with a high ranking daoist ritual priest. There is a chapter on the Rites of Renewal where the main operator summons The Whole Pantheon around a symbolical representation of constellations and directions to present the contract that ensures heaven, earth and humanity are still connected. Riveting stuff, very detailed rubrics of spirits and envisioning are part of it, it’s a voyage to the Heavenly Court as well as bringing it here to earth. A bridge of sorts. I think you’ll like it.

Gotta run, bye for now friend!

• Thanks 1

I have never read anything about Kabbalah until now but this all seems eerily similar to what i experienced and detailed in the original post, and also seems to have a lot of parallels to daoist cosmology just using different terminology and metaphors..

http://numerologypro.com/docs/theshattering.html

The shattering reminded me of the last few posts on this thread, and here I am. 

on a side note....

On 9/12/2018 at 5:21 PM, Rocky Lionmouth said:

Void the Shitter?

On 9/12/2018 at 5:55 PM, Marblehead said:

I think we shouldn't do that.

this had me howling. classic marbs. i didn't get to interact with him much before his passing, as i am new to this forum and relatively inactive.. but some of the old posts i dig up of his put a huge smile on my face even if they are sometimes   mostly  always off topic :lol: 

Sometimes i'm not so sure there is A topic. Maybe he wasn't either.

Edited by kyoji
spacing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, kyoji said:

this had me howling. classic marbs. i didn't get to interact with him much before his passing, as i am new to this forum and relatively inactive.. but some of the old posts i dig up of his put a huge smile on my face even if they are sometimes   mostly  always off topic :lol: 

HAAA i had forgotten this! Classic Marbs indeed! I was torn wether to put a LOLface response or a tearful one but the laugh outshone the grief, which he’d shurely be both surley and teasy about. Thanks for the reminder Kyoji, i needed that!

• Haha 2