Hern Heng

Reply to Sean Denty regarding David Verdessi

Yes youre right of course, but have you seeen how science has changed on the way? Its a paradigm... do you see what I mean? Just because science dosent proove it dosent mean it dosent exist. Just because scientists have disprooved something dosent mean anything.

Science is still only working within its own paradigm. Anything outside of that paradigm wont be accepted by the scientist community. So if your reality-testing is based on what science has achieved, your reality will be limited to that paradigm.

Of course we are in agreement; i'm just showing another side of things. Still, i agree with your comments.

It has been implied elsewhere that I am writing under the name "Hern Heng" (or maybe the other skeptical guy) Perhaps it's too big a stretch to think I'm not the only one?

Anyway, I'm not him.

And you are much more erudite than I. Mine is more pit bull style. I'm the Charles Bukowski of skepticism.

Novice Level cult member. Nice title. While you are right that the most educated can fall into the traps your analysis is most amusing and proves my intitial impression of your presentation. Without wanting to drift too much int being like an asshole: Grade School Mathematics is my impression for sure. Some arguments simply are not true. That IS a fact! And I DO know while you clearly don't. Students defending a teacher to death makes them students defending the teacher to death. One two even three or more students to not represent the whole of the group. Simple as that. Please read my posts more exactly. I actually explained that there are signs that can be interpreted as that of a cult. Although not equal one might want to extend that meaning: to "sound like a cult". "Sounding like a cult" does not MAKE it a cult.

Calling someone brainwashed who studied something indepth is funny indeed...

Your examples are interesting... I would choose different ones: if you want to know what it means to burn a finger you have to burn your finger. If you want to know what a cherry tastes like you need to taste one.

But see "my friend". Whatever I say. Your filter is one that will "always" lead to only one conclusion. I consider myself having an open filter (not too open, just in case someone wanted to jump at that) and am willing to change my mind with what is to come. It just won't happened due to biased statements based on nonfounded ideas and believes.

:)

Harry

Edited by sunshine

Grade School Mathematics is my impression for sure.

i'm sure you are far more educated than me Sunshine. After all, i'm only a Super-Mega Doctor of Awesomeness, where as you are a Doctor of SUPREME Awesomeness.

...oh well, i figured if David can call himself a Doctor without even having Master's level education then we could both be doctors of some sort.

...right?

Okay, anyway Sunshine, there is "passive" then there is "passive-aggressive." Your responses emanate passive-aggressiveness. Most would find it offensive. i find it humorous. Perhaps i'd take it more seriously if it was executed in a slightly more subtle manner.

Some arguments simply are not true.

True!

...or not true.

I mean: THIS not THAT!

That IS a fact!

AWESOME!

And I DO know while you clearly don't.

Of course you do. You know that even your own cult members agree publicly that David can't do anything but make outlandish promised about ability he is sure he will one day be able to confer to you ...and check his account balance for the daily increase from people he's suckered into thinking he is anything but a novice himself.

Students defending a teacher to death makes them students defending the teacher to death.

Yes, defending a teacher is fine... provided the teacher can demonstrate what they can do. If any of my teachers was PUBLICLY advertising abilities that they could not make good on, then they would not be my teachers.

One two even three or more students to not represent the whole of the group. Simple as that. Please read my posts more exactly. I actually explained that there are signs that can be interpreted as that of a cult. Although not equal one might want to extend that meaning: to "sound like a cult". "Sounding like a cult" does not MAKE it a cult.

Please show me an example of something that is "like" a cult in every way that your group is, and yet is still not a cult.

Calling someone brainwashed who studied something indepth is funny indeed...

Yes, because cult members do not study? You clearly have not studied cults as much as you claim.

Your examples are interesting... I would choose different ones: if you want to know what it means to burn a finger you have to burn your finger. If you want to know what a cherry tastes like you need to taste one.

How about this... if you want to know what it is like to die from eating a poisonous plant then you need only to refer to how it feels to have a more mild form of food poisoning and then project how that would be to a more extreme extent.

...if that didn't cut the mustard for you: if you want to know what it feels like to have 4th degree burns, imagine 2nd degree burns that you may have had and imagine the variance in intensity between 1st and 2nd degree, and project it to 4th.

Seems reasonable enough, right?

But see "my friend". Whatever I say. Your filter is one that will "always" lead to only one conclusion. I consider myself having an open filter (not too open, just in case someone wanted to jump at that) and am willing to change my mind with what is to come. It just won't happened due to biased statements based on nonfounded ideas and believes.

Let's make a wager... In five years, i wager that you will not be able to do ANY of the things that Sean has been posting about David. What will you wager? Want to make it ten years? i'll be around: post here or on any Dao forum and address "Hern-Heng" and i'm sure word will get to me.

Seriously dude. Let me know. i'd rather you wake up in 10 years than never at all. i wouldn't say this if i didn't care ;)

Edited by Hern Heng

>>Okay, anyway Sunshine, there is "passive" then there is "passive-aggressive." Your responses emanate passive-aggressiveness. Most would find it offensive. i find it humorous. Perhaps i'd take it more seriously if it was executed in a slightly more subtle manner.<<

Sorry dude. The way one shouts into the forest...

but actually just once again a misperception or probably just an intended misinterpretation? :)

I honestly clearly perceive you as someone enjoying to play a game. My conclusion of discussions like that is always just one. That I am still not clever enough to stay out of them.

>>Let's make a wager... In five years, i wager that you will not be able to do ANY of the things that Sean has been posting about David. What will you wager? Want to make it ten years? i'll be around: post here or on any Dao forum and address "Hern-Heng" and i'm sure word will get to me. <<

I have a pratice blog here Hern-Heng. So I am sharing anyway. No time limit set for myself, no interest in bets, no interest in the Randy-million dollars ;)

>> if i didn't care<<

If you indeed do. then: Thankx man :)

For the time being. Be & stay well.

Harry

Sorry dude. The way one shouts into the forest...

Brother, i'm anything but passive when i attack ;)

Believe me, i'm just being aggressive with a smile. Don't confuse the fact that i'm playing relatively nice with passivity.

I honestly clearly perceive you as someone enjoying to play a game. My conclusion of discussions like that is always just one. That I am still not clever enough to stay out of them.

There are games that people play to waste time and games that people play because there is benefit in playing them. Still, it is good to bear in mind that it is a game. i'm playing a game with you, but the game is quite serious.

>>Let's make a wager... In five years, i wager that you will not be able to do ANY of the things that Sean has been posting about David. What will you wager? Want to make it ten years? i'll be around: post here or on any Dao forum and address "Hern-Heng" and i'm sure word will get to me. <<

I have a pratice blog here Hern-Heng. So I am sharing anyway. No time limit set for myself, no interest in bets, no interest in the Randy-million dollars wink.gif

This is fine. Hopefully you'll remember this in five and then ten years anyway and reflect upon it.

>> if i didn't care<<

If you indeed do. then: Thankx man smile.gif

Oh God-damn-it-all, i do care :)

Your poison analogy only highlights your ignorant stance. Food poisoning is caused by bacteria. Depending on which of the many different poisonous plants you would consume, some may attack the liver, some may swell your tongue until your airway is blocked, some may just make you itch... Not all poisonous plants will present like food poisoning.

It is foolish to assume something about a person, teaching, whatever, without experiencing it yourself.

But that isn't the issue here.

Looks to me like you get off on arguing. Everything you write is posturing to make whomever you are addressing appear ridiculous, rather than searching for facts or truth.

In fact you have no idea what happens at Davids seminars, you have know idea what David has experienced or can do, you have no idea what his motives are. No clue. Nor do I. But I don't claim to know.

You are making assumptions and calling them truth which is extremely ignorant. Skepticism is one thing. Ignorance is another. You have no proof of your claims or his. I doubt your continued belligerence is convincing anyone otherwise. But I am not ignorant enough to assume my assertions are true.

Oh shit, my analogy was off a little. Well shit, i guess i had better give you your money back... Oh yeah, i'm not charging you money to talk to me :)

Truth be told, however, what i had in mind was a poisoning from poison food. i was thinking of along the line of wild edible plants. Thankfully, i have never eaten a poisonous edible plant. You know what? This is because i'm not a moron who thinks i need to taste the fucking plant that i know is poisonous (from it's identifying traits that have cataloged it as poisonous).

Nevertheless, i chose the wording poorly (and clearly should have written at least a paragraph of explanatory preface to my analogy!), and for this i am now paying the high price of utter humiliation at your hands.

i humbly submit to your astuteness. Now if you can only explain to me how this relates to the legitimacy of David Verdessi then i'll be sold! ;)

P.S. Thank you for making my point for me better than i had done myself.

... Grade School Mathematics ...

Hey! :o What's wrong with having a degree in Maths! ;)

Shrink!! :lol:

And "Hern Heng", it is Verdesi, with only one s.

Pietro

Hey! :o What's wrong with having a degree in Maths! ;)

Shrink!! :lol:

Actually I wanted to say "logic"... but that would have been too unkind. :rolleyes:

Harry

Hey, I'm new to the forum but I've been reading along for a while now. I don't think Verdesi is any cult leader, but I think it's strange that such a "well accomplished" individual would need to charge thousands of dollars just to show some basics. And the connection to the Healing Tao that has been so discredited here is also strange. I know I'm not saying anything new here, and I'm not trying to fan the flames. I just don't think this kind of practice should have a price tag on it. And if it does, it shouldn't be enough to buy a new car with.

I say we ask Sean O to throw this one in the pit...

Of course you do :lol:

Well the sarcasm isn't helping your argument.

Actually, it was my analogy, not my argument. Sarcasm neither hurts nor helps my argument. The argument is about the facts about David which neither you nor Harry, nor Sean are actually disputing as inaccurate.

Anyway, horrible, painful death aside, if you truly want to know what the different types of poisonous plants feel like then you sure do need to eat them. Even talking to someone who has eaten them would be a step closer than you are now to knowing what it feels like. Just looking at your analogy from a different angle.

Your argument is called "splitting hairs." The point was that you don't need to BE poisoned to death to get the gist of what being poisoned to death is like.

You can say this is not true, but you are in no better position than i to say this (since neither of us have been poisoned to death).

But to sit at your at your desk between phone calls or whatever, and make belligerent attacks on a man thousands of miles away without knowing who or what you are speaking against? Ignorant, arrogant, misguided, hateful and just plain foolish.

i am attacking based on undisputed facts regarding his actions alone and his admission of lack of accomplishment (to the degree he is alluding he is or will be able to impart).

Far out.....David cant even fill his own dantien he has to suck it from a bull. And now he claims to have YinYang GONG....hilarious

That means also he accomplished it faster than any Chinese Master ever did......must be the italian genetics

That means also he accomplished it faster than any Chinese Master ever did......must be the italian genetics

indeed we do have a natural advantage. B)

Yes, sucking Qi from a bull really underlines how pathetically Left Hand Path his practice is.

That sort of shit (draining others to empower yourself), has been out of vogue in Daoism since the T'ien Shr basically emerged in reaction to the Left Hand Path deviation of Proto-Daoist Fang Shr (not that fang shr in and of themselves are somehow "un-Daoist") of their era.

Daoism purports to be a Middle Path, not the sum of both Right and Left, but something that is neither and in between both methods.

Truly this has gotten beyond ridiculous.

The best one ever told was the so called "Liberation Of The Rabbits Karma"

Not satisfied with Blasting these poor Animals with his own (Or The Bulls) Chi, The Immortal Shifu Jiang later Skinned The rabbits & they were promptly served up as "Chop Suey" For all Students to Feast Upon like Savages.

"The purpose being................. That of Spiritual Enlightenment & The Cleansing of Negative Karma created by these "Evil Rabbits" in previous Lifetimes."

Loooool ,Maybe Sean & David should try Their Hand at Writing Science Fiction Novels instead.