kyoji

Lost and found

Hello there fellow bums,

I’m not all that great at talking about myself, but my name is Kyle and I’m a 22 year old from Ontario, Canada. I’m here to delve deeper into daoism/ learn more about nei dan and the internal arts. I have been studying Buddhism quite a bit in the last few years, but recently grew really fond of the chuang tzu inner chapters, the tao Te ching and the wen tzu. I also do have a meditation practice established.  I’m very interested in the alchemical process and would really love to find a teacher on here as there are none in my area. I have been doing a lot of reading through the forums already, and am really impressed with some of the knowledge you’ve all shared, and I hope that I contribute something to the discussion here ! 

I am 100% committed to cultivation and am working and saving my money so I can do some travelling/ find a long term teacher. Books/internet only go so far I’m afraid, and I think the transmission is very important. Any help finding one would be very appreciated. Can’t wait to learn more about the microcosmic orbit. After a psychedelic experience (and my last ever)  last year I have been able to perceive energy flowing through my spine to my head. and tingling throughout my body. It comes and goes, and hits plateaus, but it’s always there a little bit. It was a pretty overwhelming experience that I can’t quite put into words, but this is ultimately what brought me here. .  I caught a glimpse of emptiness and that was it.  What a blessing!  This was just an initiation into the mysteries, but the work has just begun.. 

Looking forward to conversing with you all, sisters and brothers in Tao! 

Kyle : - )

• Like 5

Hello, Kyoji, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome kyoji,

experiences like that are helpful to peak our interest and keep us searching for more. I’m glad your utilizing the forum, as I do, to expand your exposure of all this fun stuff. Enjoy your time 😊

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 3

Books like those you mention have become so well known because they succeeded so well at the transmission.  Would you want to go through all the trouble of finding a teacher only to find he was weak on transmission?  Smoke some weed together and call it a successful transmission?  The goal is not some experience instead of the words of the Tao, but the application of the words in action.  Anyway, you've come to the right place if you want to sort out reliable sources of information and the proper orientation of your studies before any actual practice. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ernobe said:

Books like those you mention have become so well known because they succeeded so well at the transmission.  Would you want to go through all the trouble of finding a teacher only to find he was weak on transmission?  Smoke some weed together and call it a successful transmission?  The goal is not some experience instead of the words of the Tao, but the application of the words in action.  Anyway, you've come to the right place if you want to sort out reliable sources of information and the proper orientation of your studies before any actual practice. 

I see where you’re coming from completely, but I think transmission can go beyond words if you find the right teacher, and physical practices imo are more effectively taught in person. 

I don’t think the kind of teacher I’m looking for is going to want to burn one either, but I guess it’s definitely a possibility :P 

I feel like I am in the right place also. It’s nice to have a bit of dialogue rolling with others , since I never get the opportunity to talk abouT these kind of topics.

• Like 1

Welcome, Kyoji!

The Interewebs are great for connecting people with like minds. For over a decade all I could find on Taoism was found in book stores and from that kooky guy in his mid forties who wears old clothes from the '60's and works in the used book store. But now we have computers 'n stuff and that kooky guy is in his late fifties and writes stuff on Dao Bums... ;)

3 hours ago, Marblehead said:

H I Kyoji.  Welcome.

Yes, your journey has begun.  Choose your paths well.

Just trying to figure out which ones to take. It seems there are a lot less avenues for a renunciate style life in modern times, but maybe that is not the only way..  I’ve still got a lot of figuring out to do. 

• Like 1