I went out and got me a fancy crystal ball. It's a blend of Smokey Quartz and Golden Healer, about the size of a baseball or cricket ball. I took it home, cleaned it up, soaked it overnight in a saltwater bath. During the next full moon I'll let it outside to soak up the yin energy. 

Last night I introduced myself to the ball. It was a good session as far as I can tell. Scrying is new to me so we'll have to see how it goes over time.

Anyone got any comments, suggestions... war stories?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've been literally gazing into my crystal ball for a couple weeks now and I've noticed something strange: It's difficult!

It's difficult to gaze uninterrupted into a simple ball of crystal. After a minute or two my eyes get tired, my mind wants to wander. It's as if the powers that be want me to go to sleep, to cease and desist. I've found myself needing to take a brief break every 10-15 minutes just to "recharge" my mind. I never noticed this with sitting meditation. Perhaps it's because while sitting with eyes closed the mind can wander into a semi dream state with nothing to object, but when staring at a ball the semi dream state shows a start contrast?  Who knows?

I do believe that I must strengthen my powers of perception and focus. Scrying a crystal ball is like riding a wild bull (or so it seems, I've never actually ridden a wild bull).

More to come...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

I've been literally gazing into my crystal ball for a couple weeks now and I've noticed something strange: It's difficult!

;)

5 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

It's difficult to gaze uninterrupted into a simple ball of crystal. After a minute or two my eyes get tired, my mind wants to wander. It's as if the powers that be want me to go to sleep, to cease and desist. I've found myself needing to take a brief break every 10-15 minutes just to "recharge" my mind. I never noticed this with sitting meditation. Perhaps it's because while sitting with eyes closed the mind can wander into a semi dream state with nothing to object, but when staring at a ball the semi dream state shows a start contrast?  Who knows?

I do believe that I must strengthen my powers of perception and focus. Scrying a crystal ball is like riding a wild bull (or so it seems, I've never actually ridden a wild bull).

More to come...

At first I thought you meant that  the ball is like riding a wild bull, but since that didnt make much sense I have decided you mean that trying to control the mind, while doing this type of scrying - the mind is the wild bull .   :D  . 

In any case it lead me to remember some things about taming the wild bull of the mind ... to the task at hand ( especially a task where the 'mind' may be at odds with the will  ) .

" Behold the Yoke upon the neck of the Oxen! Is it not thereby that the Field shall be ploughed? The Yoke is heavy, but joineth together them that are separate ...

Three are the Beasts wherewith thou must plough the Field; the Unicorn, the Horse, and the Ox. And these shalt thou yoke in a triple yoke that is governed by One Whip ...

Now these Beasts run wildly upon the earths and are not easily obedient to the will of Man ...

The Unicorn is speech. Man, rule thy Speech ...

The Horse is Action. Man, rule thine Action ...

.The Ox is Thought. Man, rule thy Thought ...

Thus bind thyself, and thou shalt be for ever free ...

• Like 2

.... actually that wasnt about   riding the bull ; the idea seems to be in the 'harness'  ..  harnessing the bull ... and  the 'whip' .

Which reminds me of 'lamed'  (Hebrew letter)

lamed-bookstyle.gif

- an 'ox goad'

which relates to Libra   , whose sign is the scales, but also the  ox yoke

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaD-13eUYforeUcDGOas5

- which includes the important element of 'balance' .

Maybe its better to harness and goad the bull by balance  ( eg, driving it forward but allowing periods of rest     )  than by 'riding; it  ?

dau-si-bo-tot-quocte-giaoduc.net.vn1_cop

.... or  , maybe start on something easier  ?

Spoiler

monkey-rodeo3_683186b.jpg

... sorry, I couldn't resist that one .    :) 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

... actually that wasnt about   riding the bull ; the idea seems to be in the 'harness'  ..  harnessing the bull ...

Riding... Harnessing... whichever metaphor works best. There isn't actually a bull.

It is a strange sensation... while sitting, quiet with eyes closed I may feel myself relax to the point of almost falling asleep. As long as it's not too late and night and I'm not too tired I can maintain that state fairly easily. But when I add the scrying ball into the mix and open my eyes everything changes! Now the eyes grow extremely heavy and I must fight not to close them! I think the "will" of the crystal is a factor. There are now two of us engaged in the act of sitting and observing, and the crystal operates at a much different frequency than my mind. It's like the transmission isn't fully engaged and our gears just don't mesh. That's the challenge I am facing.

• Like 1

You also have to take into account the fact that the eyes are a complex and (when speaking of energy and oxyen,) expensive to opperate. The added stress may also be because your body is not letting the eyes rest like it does when your eyes are closed. Instead, there is something available for it to physically see with its delicate mechanisms, light is entering. You have supplied input for your nogin computer. Your brain does not easily discount that which it has available to it. That is why meditation and other practices are easier with eyes closed. What is left for you now is to continue training untill this is no longer a challenge for you, or to possibly chose a different method of scrying. 

The idea that someone or something does not want you to see something or anything seems less likely, but still a possibility with enough weight to investigate. I hope that this helps. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

It sounds like something is trying to contact you  ?

Maybe. I'm not so sure at this point. I have found that the right eye gets strained faster than the left eye. I've also found that there is a certain kind of counter-clockwise "swirl" to the energy contained in the ball while scrying. It seems that the right eye is the "giver" and the left eye is the "receiver." I'm still trying to understand this. It will become clear eventually, or not. We'll see.

• Like 1

Strange things are starting to happen.

I sit in a dark room with a single light source behind me and the crystal sitting before me. The single light source can be a real candle (if the room can safely accommodate it) or a fake candle (the kind restaurants use nowadays). It takes a minute for my eyes to adjust. Once they do, I see the outline of the ball slightly lit up while the center of the ball is dark. Continuing my gaze, one of two things will happen: one, the center of the ball begins to glow in a misty light that dances along the ball like fog and rises from the ball in wisps like smoke; or two, the pitch black center of the ball begins to expand, consuming the ball along with my view of my hands and arms (that are resting next to the ball), growing until my entire field of vision is black save for a rim around the periphery of perception where I can still see the room. In either case I can blink and avert my eyes and everything returns to normal. So far I have not had any "visions." I do have the occasional injection of instant awareness though, which is similar to a vision, but I am beginning to understand much better what scrying is all about and am motivated to continue my endeavors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

About a week ago I had a terrifying experience. It was about 11:00 PM and I sat down to scry. The room was quiet. Everything was set up and ready to go. I said my prayers, connected to my spirit guides, and lit the small candle behind me. All was quite mundane.

Then I turned off the desk lamp, allowing the room to bathe in darkness. Immediately I felt cold. An eerie chill ran down my spine. It felt as if I were sitting against a walk in freezer. "It's just the chi starting to flow," I told myself and pushed through - focusing on the orb in front of me. But the chill did not go away. It got worse, much worse. Suddenly I found myself shivering. My teeth began to rattle and a sudden, nagging fear formed inside me. Then the fear exploded! I was engulfed in a wave of terror as I suddenly realized "if you open a door to look out, you also open it for whatever is outside to look in!"

I knew that something powerful was watching me and it quite literally chilled me to the bone. I got up, turned on the light, placed a cloth over the scrying crystal and immediately felt better. All chills were gone. All fear was gone. I thanked my spirit guide, said my prayers and put my scrying tools away. There would be no more scrying that night.

(and now I may reveal a 'secret '     .... remember when all our little ID  pics  used to be square

image.png.d3120f95c056b1e46ffdfc35535f4eef.png

?

Then   'someone'   turned them all into 'crystal balls'   .....      hmmmmmm  ?  

39 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Then   'someone'   turned them all into 'crystal balls'   .....      hmmmmmm  ?

Um... 'thank you?'

EDIT: Ah... I get it! What does that have to do with scrying? Wait, don't tell me. I'll scry the answer! See what I just did? Full circle! Yeah! ;)

Edited by Lost in Translation

Fear can easily become a self amplifying loop. Thus:

- You get a shiver for whatever reason

- You think about what could be the reason and your attention for scary signals increases

- You get another shiver because of what you imagine could happen.

- This is interpreted as a sign that something scary is really happening

- The shivers and fear increase and are interpreted as more proof that something is definitely going wrong

- And so on...

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Fear can easily become a self amplifying loop.

I posit the same is true of all emotions, be it fear, anger, lust, etc. Once the mind is set in (e)motion it's difficult to change it. Some emotions easily transmute into others, for example love to anger in the case of unrequited love - but that's a subject for another day.

4 hours ago, wandelaar said:

- You get another shiver because of what you imagine could happen.

- This is interpreted as a sign that something scary is really happening

This is a symptom of quackery and religion alike. Since there's no external evidence you must either accept or deny the internal experience. I'm torn on this myself, since I was raised atheist and taught that a thing is not real unless it can be demonstrated and repeated. But as I get older I find myself opening more to the unseen world. Whether this is a sign of lessening intellectual standards or of increasing perception sensitivities I do not know.

Edited by Lost in Translation
  • Like 1

So .... 'back on the horse'  or  ......   ? 

Wait ... you  were doing a preliminary banishing ritual before using the ball,  yes ? 

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

So .... 'back on the horse'  or  ......   ? 

Wait ... you  were doing a preliminary banishing ritual before using the ball,  yes ? 

Oh... I needed a break. I thought 10 days would suffice. People here are loco crazy, no?