Yinja

What is in our power to do?

13 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yes, some fakers are trouble makers.  They work in groups. 

Hi Dada-da,

c5a06f1d7ee28c8e7ef855b26c6954bc.png

I was in the military service for two and a half years as a National Serviceman. Met some really nice people. We were partners in crime - we broke rules without being caught.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I consider myself a fake Taoist, fake Buddhist and fake yoga-ist. 

Hi thelerner,

Self-confessed fakers are real.

220515-Take-A-Selfie-Fake-A-Life.jpg

- LimA

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 6:18 AM, silent thunder said:

real eyes

realize

real lies?

(1)

clear eyes

crystallize

what lies?

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

real eyes

realize

real lies?

(2)

clear eyes

crystallize

what lies?

third eyes

stabilize

no more lies?

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

real eyes

realize

real lies?

(3)

clear eyes

crystallize

what lies?

third eyes

stabilize

no more lies?

hqdefault.jpg

MI0000842890.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

lies+no+sign.jpg

sync_your_energy_with_peace400.gif

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

On 17/06/2018 at 5:38 PM, Yinja said:

we cant do anything about it? 

Isn't that what the politicians tell you as they steal all your money ?
You can't, you are too weak, you don't exist, you don't matter, you aren't anyone.
Believing such things is selling your soul.

God made you a man, gave you arms and legs and intelligence .... do you use them ?
Do you grow ?
Do you grow into reality ?
Or sit on the sofa masturbating your "concepts".

Perhaps as you sit on your backside you tell yourself ... oh I am the supreme brahman source tao.
Really ... well brahman made the entire universe ... can you ?
Or can you do nothing ?

Certainly if you do nothing you are nothing, and worse than that.
Even a stupid pigeon gets off his backside and does his job

What can you do ?
You learn to do things.
You learn to be competent.
You learn to pray.
You learn to give.
You learn to be able.
You learn to be real.

Yes it all comes from within, but only if you put the hours in.

Edited by rideforever

I dont think you understand my confusion. thank you though for speaking your mind. :) 

On 17-6-2018 at 11:18 PM, Yinja said:

Folks i appreciate what you have to say but it dosnt answer my question 

In other words what is not 100% automatic in us? 

The concept of "free will" is causing all this trouble. It's nonsense, a will that is free of everything should also be independent of your own personality. But than it wouldn't be your free will, would it? Nevertheless there is such a thing as your will, as opposed to what others want you to do. That's the only relevant distinction. Your will isn't free in any absolute sense, because you are part of nature. Just like everything else. Your will is the product of automatic processes within you. How could it be otherwise?

Thank you Wandelaar for addressing my question! 

I  think its understandable that when one is facing that understanding (that you explained so well) he will be pondering about what is in our power to do? but perhaps after pondering enough you understand that although you are bound to nature, you are it. you are nature, so it is your will after all? how would you suggest i set myself free from this stuckness?

If my will is a product of automatic processes, isnt it that every outcome of my action is already known? 

how can someone keep on doing what he think is right knowing he cant do anything about it?

I would love to hear you elaborate more on the subject. 

10 minutes ago, Yinja said:

I  think its understandable that when one is facing that understanding (that you explained so well) he will be pondering about what is in our power to do? but perhaps after pondering enough you understand that although you are bound to nature, you are it. you are nature, so it is your will after all? how would you suggest i set myself free from this stuckness?

You are part of nature. So what nature automatically does within you is what the unconscious part of you does within you. There is no contradiction.

10 minutes ago, Yinja said:

If my will is a product of automatic processes, isnt it that every outcome of my action is already known? 

how can someone keep on doing what he think is right knowing he cant do anything about it?

It's an open question whether or not the world is deterministic. It looked like it in the days of classical mechanics but quantum mechanics paints a different picture. So it isn't known whether the future is already determined.

You don't have to fight nature as it acts within you, because you are what you are precisely because nature acts within you. At least that is how I see it. And this fits in well with philosophical Taoism because Tao specializes to Te in individual beings. Besides, nobody is able to objectively "know what is right". We only have our personal understandings of what is right. And naturally you will try to follow your personal understanding. You don't need a supernatural Self within you to follow what you think or feel is right. I think we are all puppets in the grand play of the Tao anyway, whether we know it or not. It's an exhilarating thing to realise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

You are part of nature. So what nature automatically does within you is what the unconscious part of you does within you. There is no contradiction.

It's an open question whether or not the world is deterministic. It looked like it in the days of classical mechanics but quantum mechanics paints a different picture. So it isn't known whether the future is already determined.

You don't have to fight nature as it acts within you, because you are what you are precisely because nature acts within you. At least that is how I see it. And this fits in well with philosophical Taoism because Tao specializes to Te in individual beings. Besides, nobody is able to objectively "know what is right". We only have our personal understandings of what is right. And naturally you will try to follow your personal understanding. You don't need a supernatural Self within you to follow what you think or feel is right. I think we are all puppets in the grand play of the Tao anyway, whether we know it or not. It's an exhilarating thing to realise.

Yes and very well said! (-: