LAOLONG

Solve china problem and stop them messing in foreign affairs

China problem is thy don't have oil
So thy are depended on country's
Who produce oil like Iran and Saudi
Arabia . So the Chinese are getting more involved in middle east politics .
The SOLUTION IS CHINA MUST
CHANGE TO NUCLEAR ENERGY
BUILD REACTORS AND BE ENERGY SELF SUFFICIENT.
So thay will STOP TO MESS IN FOREIGN AFFAIR'S .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remarks By Secretary Mattis at the U.S. Naval War College Commencement, Newport, Rhode Island

The third category is that of political will, and that is a potential rivalry, with China harboring long-term designs to rewrite the existing global order.  

The Ming Dynasty appears to be their model, albeit in a more muscular manner, demanding other nations become tribute states, kowtowing to Beijing; espousing One Belt, One Road, when this diverse world has many belts and many roads; and attempting to replicate on the international stage their authoritarian domestic model, militarizing South China Sea features while using predatory economics of piling massive debt on others.

After World War II, our Greatest Generation, in collaboration with our allies and partners, built the open international order that has benefited global prosperity.  It's unrealistic to believe, today, that China will not seek to replicate its internal authoritarian model elsewhere, as it expands globally.

China has benefited enormously from the open international order, but it had no say in drafting it.  Today, how we engage with China and how the Chinese choose to collaborate by it dictates to the world that it will provide the roadmap for our future relationship.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2018 at 9:34 AM, ONE said:

CHANGE TO NUCLEAR ENERGY

So you want to mess in foreign affairs to stop them from messing in foreign affairs???

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, ONE said:

CHANGE TO NUCLEAR ENERGY

Among the topics regarding Libya and the fall of Qaddafi, one that is less often discussed are the energy related deals he had been making with China. The loss of him was a blow to them, something to consider.

Now take the South China Sea, lots of speculation on hydrocarbon reserves there but that's only one reason why various nations are at odds over it. Another factor is its role as a route for commerce, which would be one way that oil from other nations would get to China and theoretically elsewhere under the premise of freedom of navigation.

But for Taiwan, I don't think meeting China's demand for energy will make that issue go away without also a change in ideology on China's part. There's more I could say regarding other neighbors but that goes back much further in history too.

Edited by CityHermit!
typo

6 minutes ago, CityHermit! said:

Among the topics regarding Libya and the fall of Qaddafi, one that is less often discussed are the energy related deals he had been making with China. The loss of him was a blow to them, something to consider.

Now take the South China Sea, lots of speculation on hydrocarbon reserves there but that's only one reason why various nations are at odds over it. Another factor is its role as a route for commerce, which would be one way that oil from other nations would get to China and theoretically elsewhere under the premise of freedom of navigation.

But for Taiwan, I don't think meeting China's demand for energy will make that issue go away without also a change in ideology on China's part. There's more I could say regarding other neighbors but that goes back much further in history too.

I thought China has oil reserves in the north, just wondering?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mig said:

I thought China has oil reserves in the north, just wondering?

I am not sure myself and I should check that out.

1 minute ago, CityHermit! said:

Yes apparently they do there, and also in the Tarim Basin.

Back in the 80's they were talking with oil reserves in that area so it seems they are covered in that area. It seems also they are investing in poor countries infrastructure as for example in Africa and Nicaragua.

• Thanks 1

There is one problem though, China has a horrible enough environmental track record as it is, whether its quality of air or water, pollution, geologic/geographic disturbances, biodiversity, etc. Solving their energy demand via oil doesn't solve those issues and in fact can make them worse.

1 minute ago, Mig said:

Back in the 80's they were talking with oil reserves in that area so it seems they are covered in that area. It seems also they are investing in poor countries infrastructure as for example in Africa and Nicaragua.

Yes, "investing".