Daemon

A Path of the Light (Practices)

Please note that as I said in my "Welcome" thread, this Path could also be labelled as

A Path of the Heart

or

A Path of Peace

While there is no substitute for our group practice (as far as I'm aware), there are many other practices that may lead to our doors, which are freely available in various writings, so I feel it's best to discuss and to illustrate our Way in Group Studies unless there are any objections?

☮️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

As I said,

On 07/05/2018 at 2:27 PM, Daemon said:

In the light of several of the contributions to this thread, I feel that it would be wise to open it with an examination of basic communication skills, namely active listening, which may be considered to be one of the keystones of all spiritual practices because it develops the foundational skill of hearing the Light of the heart.

An introduction to active listening (from 1974).

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's my view that, unfortunately, it's impossible to duplicate the experience of hearing and being heard by others in writing or in a video or even via videoconferencing.

Regarding our group practice, the same appears to hold true. However, it seems that group practice held via videoconferencing may sometimes act as an attenuated substitute, although, it appears that most would need to have attended at least one our meetings or that of one of various similar groups (for example, a gathered[1] unprogrammed[2] Quaker meeting) prior to being able to duplicate some of that experience via video linkage. Having said that, please note that, like the Quakers[3][4], we do not consider that any form of transmission of the Light takes place from person to person (as we also hold the view that the Light is always present within everyone). The effect of our group practice is probably that it provides the opportunity for a synergistic resonance to take occur between the participants. Please note also that, unlike the Quakers, we do not necessarily base our Paths upon the teachings of the Nazarene[5], neither do we speak during our practice, nor do we have a hierarchical (patriarchal) organisational structure. Please note also that this is not an official viewpoint as everyone is different, so we have many different viewpoints and or community is founded in our group practice, as I've said previously.

☮️

Footnotes

[1] For example, one individual's viewpoint (although not the way I'd describe it)  http://www.tractassociation.org/tracts/the-gathered-meeting/

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quakers#Unprogrammed_worship

[3] Some of us also regularly attend Quaker meetings, although none of us are members.

[4] I was informed that our Path probably predates not only the Quakers but also the Nazarene.

[5] However, many of the Quakers I know are not Christians either.

Edited by Daemon