Banana357

Recommendation/Clarity required

Hey guys,

I have read some threads about different systems and now I am undecided.

Basically I gained enough information to simply confuse myself and not being able to make a decision without doubting it. Could somebody just break it down for me so I can see more clearly plz?

This is what I want to get out of it:

Mental Clarity and focus would be nice, my desk is full of unfinished projects,

I have cold hands and feet like most of the time, I know movement helps. After some Kundalini Yoga or whatever they are gone for some time.

So healing aspect should be interesting not only in terms of feeling cold, but due to chronic stress issues and feeling exhausted all the time.

When I was von vacation, I have done TaiChi and Yoga and it felt like every single thought was some sort of energy I could simply turn off like a switch, like a very subtle use of a muscle I could simply not do if I didnt want to. I would love to have this possibility in my day to day life by training anything necessary.

Also sugar cravings are huge in this one…

Spring Forest Qigong sounds very good, most likely this is a good start.

Due to shipment costs to europe I would take the level 1-3 package but then there is still 1 $ missing for shipment meh…

Also there ist his Five element healing movement course, is it better or what?
Better alternatives?

Also my time is limited unfortunately being a working dad with a therapyeducation going on aswell.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot

Cheers

I'm afraid this initial confusion is all part of the process. The only way you can find out if something works for you is to try it out for a while. For me, the most important aspect then is do I enjoy doing it? Will I still practice on my least motivated day?

The great thing about trying things out is that even if you move on to something else, your mind still remembers the kind of effect it had on you. So if in the future that particular practice then becomes right for you, you'll find yourself thinking about it again and you can add it to your repertoire.

• Like 3

Because I'm self taught, my own practice changes quite widely with time. I currently practice Zhan Zhuang based on Lam Kam Chuen's book 'The Way of Energy'. But it is a particular practice that isn't for most people.

What I'd advise others to do first is get into a moving practice, Spring Forest seems quite a good one to start with. I looked into it a little bit and the attitdue I'd take towards it would be a playful one with no expectations. And then just see how you feel after 6 months.

As for KAP, I don't really know enough about it I'm afraid.

Yeah, learning new knowledge is always confusing at first if we already have any fixed opinions of the concept/practice.

This requires us to set aside our opinions for a while until we have given the new knowledge a fair hearing.  (Not easy to do.)

• Like 1

Try before you buy has always been my motto. Certain practices and teachings you will have a connection with. There's no easy answer to your question rather than to experiment.

Find free resources on something your interested in. Try it out for a few weeks. If it doesn't jive with you, find an alternative. If it does, look deeper into the system and make a purchase.

My recommendations for a practice schedule would be :

1. A moving practice

Whether it's taiji or any other internal martial art, a qigong form, hill walking etc.

2. A standing practice. Zhuang Zhang, san ti etc.

3. A silent sitting meditation practice. Plenty to choose from.

4. Get out in nature as much as possible. 

5. A balanced diet following good nutritional advice. No fad eating plans.

Best wishes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cold limbs ---> Kidney yang deficiency

Sugar cravings ---> Spleen Qi deficiency

Bagua & Xingyi + Chinese herbal treatment by a competent herbalist (not easy to find) will fix all of that plus a lot more.

Vipassana retreat is also excellent but you need to attend a 3-4 week schedule with a 24/7 focus. It's very slow but it builds a strong foundation.

Good luck. :)