dwai

What is Kundalini and what entails an awakening

4 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi dwai,

With high respect per where you are coming from, let me be forthright - it is beyond me to understand your quotations.

Thank you all the same.

- LimA

:)

That’s why we need to study under the guidance of someone who does.

This is by far some of the most technical stuff I’ve come across...

3 hours ago, dwai said:

That’s why we need to study under the guidance of someone who does.

Hi dwai,

I associate the possibility/ability to make choices in life with freedom. With this freedom comes the responsibility/accountability that I must shoulder well whatever the outcome.

When it comes to any subject of 'study', it is very important to me that I know what I am getting myself into. Sometimes my gut feelings take centre-stage.

Regarding Kundalini, I tend to align my gut feelings consciously/experientially with my original/natural self - as perceived by me in relation to Nature.

My favorite alignment pertains to myself metaphorically positioned as an apple tree - basking in sunshine and rain, as intended by Nature.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was enlightening.

From, "Guru Vachaka Kovai"(The Garland of the Guru's sayings), which is a compilation of sorts by Bhagavan Sri Ramana's devotee, Muruganar. Commentary by Sri Sadhu Om.

250. Since the flame of Kundalini rises upwards [from the base of the spine – the mooladhara] and the Nectar flows downwards from the brain [the sahasrara], the target is the Heart, the Life-Centre.

"In the waking state, when world and body-consciousness are felt, the I-consciousness is spread throughout the body, but when Self-attention is practised the I-consciousness begins to withdraw itself. This withdrawal takes place through the channel known as Sushumna Nadi, which stretches from the base of the spine [the mooladhara chakra] to the brain [the sahasrara chakra]. This rise of the I-consciousness through the Sushumna Nadi is known as the rise of Kundalini which is described as a serpent only for the dull beginners in yoga [see Vichara Sangraham, The Compilation on Self-enquiry, Chapter 7]. The I-consciousness having been withdrawn and gathered in the Sahasrara, will then flow down towards its Source the Heart, and the thought-free vacuum thus left in the Sahasrara is felt as bliss.
This bliss is known by Yogis as the Nectar and it is felt to be flowing downwards as the I-consciousness descends towards the Heart."

251. Whoever contemplates upon whatever centre, as if Self were dwelling there, it will appear to that person, due to the mind’s power of concentration, that Self is experienced in that centre. Yet, the true centre of Self is only the Heart wherefrom the ‘I-thought’ rises and where it sets as a place of refuge.

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 2

You laugh? You lose. 

In my experience, which was "Self"-initiated ;), I cultivated so much of an intense desire and longing for liberation that its climax was quite dramatic. A simultaneous hundred-thousand orgasms cannot compare.

One could describe it as having been such a ridiculously immense surge of energy, rising and blasting out of my crown, reverberating throughout the entire universe... that amidst tears drool and snot, I was left with no option but to exclaim.... "Blaaaah!"

Thereafter, the true awakening began. :)

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, neti neti said:

Whoever contemplates upon whatever centre, as if Self were dwelling there, it will appear to that person, due to the mind’s power of concentration, that Self is experienced in that centre.

Hi neti neti,

To each his (her) own per each road less traveled?

- LimA

16 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi neti neti,

To each his (her) own per each road less traveled?

- LimA

Greetings Limahong!

Sure. Although I would offer that, in our own time, we each come to discover that not only do all roads lead to one destination... but also that having once arrived, our destination is found to be indistinguishable from our departure.

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, neti neti said:

This was enlightening.

From, "Guru Vachaka Kovai"(The Garland of the Guru's sayings), which is a compilation of sorts by Bhagavan Sri Ramana's devotee, Muruganar. Commentary by Sri Sadhu Om.

Yeah.....that's about right.  The first time the I or your true SELF emerges BECAUSE the energy has been withdrawn from outward into inward.  You literally feel, for the first time, there is something inside that exists for a long time...the Self.  Is not conceptual but you literally would feel there is a consciousness or a separate mind that resides inside you and to see the world from there....from its perspective.  Previously, you view the world based on what you are attached to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So the Kundalini dragon is as free as your non attachment..

If there is something your thinking, or believe in.. that can hold back the true expression of Kundalini..

But the true expression is magnanimous and beautiful in penchant geometry..

The dragon snake way or road IS the meaning of rhodes scholar.. The 33rd degree of Freemasonry which matches the Kundalini is expressed via the 33 knots of the spinal cord..

So ultimately you only have to be open minded to experience the tantra of Kundalini Serpent energy!

On 3/8/2018 at 6:43 PM, neti neti said:

all roads lead to one destination...

Hi neti neti,

One destination? What is 'one'?

838091520-10989-our-true-destination-is-finding-our-way-back-to-the-source-of.png

My-destination-is.jpg

journey-is-the-destination-travel-quote.png

d2d7d54e96eee932242cceca2b2f60d8.jpg

1309060760-dont-confuse-your-path-with-destination-life-quotes-sayings-pictures.jpg

not-the-destination-quote-jamart-photography.jpg

Happiness-is-the-way-of-travel-not-a-destination..jpg

Travel-quote-4.jpg

If 'one' is 'The One', then is the 'one destination' THE TAO?

- LimA

Edited by Limahong

The subject in question is, in Ramana Maharshi's words, 'the I of I.' The true Self.

We are not who we assume ourselves to be. The error is in the mirror of one's mind being drawn out, becoming preoccupied with this or that; anything except itself. When it is withdrawn however, ceasing to wander about incessantly, there is only Self-reflection. It then rests within its own nature until it dissolves, but in truth, it's revealed that mind never was. Only the 'true I' remains, as its only "experience" is itself.

This direct experience is of the sole Subject, which had before appeared to project a pseudo-Self which experienced this or that, now seeing only itself, has nothing to experience. 'The I of I.' Remaining as oneself, without mental projection, is the subtle alteration of perception which allows for neither subject nor object(no perception).

In the mind, those feel-good one-liners justify its projections, reinforcing the illusion. Words come close, but none can be It. There truly is no destination, as who we truly are has never left to find itself. The source of desire to know oneself, is oneself. 'The I of I.'

When the mountain of mind's desire to seek is overcome, the summit reached reveals a landscape in which the seer, the seen and even the seeing, are one. Thus whether living in the moment of that perilous climb, or relishing in the retracing of one's steps along the way, becoming enthralled by the story is to be deceived into believing you ever even decided to depart.

Edited by neti neti
  • Thanks 1

All that to say, the joy of adventure is in finding out home is truly where the heart is.

Edited by neti neti

2 hours ago, neti neti said:

The error is in the mirror of one's mind being drawn out, becoming preoccupied with this or that; anything except itself.

Hi neti neti,

You are the second person to introduce this term to me within two days - 'this or that'. 

On 10 March 2018, in a separate communication, dawei had shared with me this -

"What I truly like about the 'daoist' path is that labels have no inherent existence or real meaning outside of our minds. Some traditions talk about getting rid of this or that... ignore this or that...".

Now for me - (a) this collapses into that or (b) that collapses into this. So? Henceforth when it comes to reading the postings at TDB, I will be on the outlook for posts that collapse thus: this <=> that.

I am also reminded of this from Benjamin Franklin -

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

Henceforth I will respectfully do my TDB postings (as advised by Benjamin Franklin) in relation to 'this <=> that' - with myself as a budding 'daoist'.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.

I'd be inclined to inquire into the label of whoever demands to write or do anything, let alone who's responsible for the label of measuring its "worthiness." :)

What does kundalini have to do with DNA.. they relate to the Serpent in some way.. I heard talking to your kundalini can activate and deactivate parts of the DNA..

The Serpent kundalini is related to the spinal column.. each node represents a type of circuit.. connection and attachment that the mind has..