ALA

Dr Stephen T Chang

Hi,

Has anyone heard of Dr Stephen T Chang? He is apparently a renowned Taoist doctor and herbalist.I do not see any info on him on this forum. Here is his website: http://www.thegreattao.com/html/founderfoundation.html with his bio and books. I am tempted to get some of his books (diet and longevity exercises?) but I want to hear first what you guys know of him.

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1

He didnt understand his "schematic" in his complete book of exercises - but that one at the end doesnt make the rest of the book bad or inapplicable at all.  (Then again, exceedingly few did understand it anyway, but I digress)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ALA said:

Has anyone heard of Dr Stephen T Chang?

Hi ALA,

I start my Taoist path with his books. I cannot read Chinese and I cannot make any cross-referencing with the classics.

So I use my intuition to understand Dr Chang's books - fairly balanced from my average man's perspective.

He visited Singapore once and the press coverage was commendable.

To me his books were useful when I was a new kid on the Taoist block.

- LimA

• Like 2

On 1/9/2018 at 0:29 PM, ALA said:

Hi,

Has anyone heard of Dr Stephen T Chang? He is apparently a renowned Taoist doctor and herbalist.I do not see any info on him on this forum. Here is his website: http://www.thegreattao.com/html/founderfoundation.html with his bio and books. I am tempted to get some of his books (diet and longevity exercises?) but I want to hear first what you guys know of him.

Thank you for your help.

is he christian? I started reading his website and all of the sudden lots of references to the bible. Just wondering

Interesting books. A different look than some other presentations. Seems to focus on practical exercises. Not sure how legit his Daoist practices are. 

I found his treatment of Wu Qin Xi (five animal sports) interesting. He advocates a more spontaneous qigong, free flow, than a fixed set.

I think there is some practical value there, as his work seems to cross between qigong, Daoism, and TCM.

8)

Hi ALA., yes I do know Dr Stephen Chang's work, and have studied under him, and I can truly say he is very authentic. I have been practicing his system since 2005 and also attending his seminars in the USA (I am UK based) which he has now retired from doing. He has created an outstanding system to approach Taoism which he says equates to: Health, Happiness, Longevity and Wisdom. I also supply his books, and herbal formulas, and myself and family take them daily, and they have supported curing many ailments over the years.

His book "The Great Tao" is a great starting place.

His knowledge of Taoism is incredibly high, and he comes from a family of highly trained doctors in China as well. What I like about his work are two things:-

1. In my opinion his system works and if practiced as a whole system will have profound affects.

2 He doesn't try and monopolize; the idea being if the person is willing to study, and practice, all the information they need is within the system that he has made available to all.

Hope that helps!

Below is a link to my website if you need any help on orders, if you are in the US there are closer suppliers (see links page on www.thegreattao.com).

www.northstarmeditation.co.uk

• Like 1