Organic Epicure

Second Income? Compound Interest?! HOW DO ADULT??

Heyya! So, a major issue im facing is the lack of financial income. I earn approx. $12k salary. Which translates to $1,000.00 a month. (Sometimes less) For a single guy, this is plenty, But--and here's the kicker--I want to support a girlfriend. I want to comfortably take her out weekly to dinners and the theatres. But, I fear that my current job and financial status just doesn't allow it.

This hurts my confidence, as I see couples my age settled down, starting families..

If i take on a second job, where will my time to relax and spend with said Girl go? 

I don't want to work more than I already do, unless it's not so demanding of my time. I considered a part-time job across town selling books. But, i guess, My real question is, how can I make a small income for entertainment from home? Or without putting in so many hours? I'm told to become a columnist but, I'm not comfortable with my literature.. Any suggestions? Or have you you personally worked from home before? What occupation? For how long? 

I actually tried to get ahold of that Youtube monetization game, but you spend just as much time on that as a real job.. so thats a no go.

Thanks for reading til the end! You're awesome :)

$12,000 salary is not enough in our current era. I highly encourage you to spend a lot of your free time looking into other career paths that pay a normal amount. Look into skilled trades.

You should be making at least three times what you currently are, as an adult.

I don't think that looking for an extra source of income is the solution here. The solution is to have a good source of income in the first place.

• Like 2

Try some internet marketing forums. Warrior forum, black hat world, enterpreneur/business reddits , etc, 

LOA it too, set a definitive goal with a date and stop smoking and drinking and having selfpleasure sexual activity as a magickal fuel for your goal. Then set another goal and scale. Where theres will theres a way :)

Edited by Arramu

On 12/21/2017 at 6:39 PM, Organic Epicure said:

Heyya! So, a major issue im facing is the lack of financial income. I earn approx. $12k salary. Which translates to $1,000.00 a month. (Sometimes less) For a single guy, this is plenty,

Wow, where the h*ll do you live where $12K/yr is enough for a single guy?  Certainly not in the Western world!  As that equates to under $6/hr if it were a full-time job, which is below the US minimum wage of $7.25!  And $12K is also just below the US's federal poverty level of $12,060...

Anyhow, there's a spectrum of ways to attain wealth.  But I think on average, your overall strategy "should" be to start off working "hard or smart" to build capital...so that you can later successfully invest that capital to "easily" build wealth.  I mean, investment income is the (potentially) easiest way to build wealth that I've found yet...  However, you need extra money (capital) to do that, which most people don't have starting out.

kDeUQGe.jpg

So to do this, you need to be productive and frugal like a proverbial ant in phase 1 (working for capital), not a "lazy Millennial."  And then only after you start successfully shifting to phase 2 (investment income), can you start living more like a grasshopper, Grasshopper. ;)

Moral-Story-of-ant-and-the-grasshopper.j

61e3655180c627bb117631825787fd38.jpg

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

You have to provide a service that others need. 

The more specialized, valuable, the better the compensation.

I, like others, don't know how you can get by on 12k/year. What skills do you have and which are you willing to learn? You could make a comfortable living as a tradesman (electrician, plumber, etc.). Many places will even pay for your education if there is high enough demand in your area.

In my opinion, there probably isn't a way to work few hours at a low-wage job and expect that to work out.