Sign in to follow this  
orshavskiy@inbox.ru

Boundaries within us

Yes one day "Any day now, any day now, I shall be released".

I see music has links in your brain too.

• Like 1

Without acknowledging boundaries, one may wander somewhat randomly.   For me, better to explore and map them out then as I grow, expand them. 

Speaking of boundaries, a couple of meditation traditions have practices where you 'reach out' to infinity, the ends of the universe.  Like a paired yoga routine, they move back and forth between putting attention inside, often the hara, then expanding outside.  An interesting play of mental boarders. 

Anna Wise who did EKG experiments on various styles of meditations noticed a difference in brainwaves when a person kept there attention 'inside' themselves or 'outside'; as if seeing themselves from outside.  I forget which to which.  Without discipline we're probably constantly switching our inside/outside point of views.. ie everytime we judge something we're moving outside, then switching inside for internal commentary.  A loud and busy process.  Cool a woodpecker on nearby tree.  small young almost downy, he's walking up the tree, poking it with its beak.

Where was I..   eh who cares.. speaking of rambling disconnected thoughts.  When it comes to the taoist practice of 'sealing the senses' which in some ways is sealing a boundary.  I like Rawn Clarks Center of Stillness Meditation.  It's free (abardoncompanion.com) and after relaxing you, it takes the 5 senses plus emotion and thought, separates them into sphere's and puts you floating in space, above the web of your life.   Interesting, and not an easy guided meditation to get, but worthwhile. 

• Like 1

So, digging a bit deeper, we can suppose that:

- the boundaries are useful because they help us keep save with our entity because they protect us rom our own chaotic movements from within to outside

- the boundaries defend us from outside forces and entities (forgive me for my broken English)

- the boundaries limit our will for development.

Is that all or I have missed smth important posted?

Rgrds, Ilya

• Like 1

So, digging a bit deeper, we can suppose that:

- the boundaries are useful because they help us keep save with our entity because they protect us rom our own chaotic movements from within to outside

- the boundaries defend us from outside forces and entities (forgive me for my broken English)

- the boundaries limit our will for development.

Is that all or I have missed smth important posted?

Rgrds, Ilya

They limit us and may therefore discourage us. Or challenge us to try to go beyond them.

• Like 1

I have heard the term "limitless construct".

Something we create to help us, yet is not limited in its function.

• Like 2

They limit us and may therefore discourage us. Or challenge us to try to go beyond them.

That would be a result of Piss Poor Prior Planning.

I have heard the term "limitless construct".

Something we create to help us, yet is not limited in its function.

I simply call that "flexibility".

(Recalls my arguments in favor of "flexible" rather than "weak".)

• Like 2

I simply call that "flexibility".

(Recalls my arguments in favor of "flexible" rather than "weak".)

The strongest bridges in the world have to be flexible to maintain all the weight

• Like 1

Ok, then one more question about boundaries.

What kind of boundaries do we have?

Physical ones, mind limitations, emotional borders...

Who has experienced other types of boundaries?

Sign in to follow this