Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

Mabu stance

Root (AFAIK) is to do with relaxation anf lowering your qi which happen naturally when you relax,practice standing in a relaxed manner wil help this develop, experiment woth your stance and you will really feel the difference between a relax stance connecting to the ground or a tense stance that makes the ground act like teflon.

also things like push hands or just having someone trying to push you over (gentley at first an then getting stronger) will let you investigate you stance work

I watched that video, I can criticize him on a few of things... of course when we look at some of the most top athletes in Wushu and there physical ability. But thats much different in consideration. Honestly for his age thats amazing. Honestly when i was at my best physical shape of my life (which is short and i still just popped out of the whom) I could not do better then he did. Although one of my biggest i things i work on is flowing (As long as the form calls for it continuously and we all know very few forms actually do that unless you turn it into an exercise).

Thanks for sharing I liked it very much!

Root (AFAIK) is to do with relaxation anf lowering your qi which happen naturally when you relax,practice standing in a relaxed manner wil help this develop

Cool, so you are saying that by lowering myself slowly while doing ZZ I will be able to go that low, right?

I noticed that when I do it I naturally tend to go down, so perhaps I should let qi sink gradually until I have my legs parallel to the ground.

Thanks.

Cool, so you are saying that by lowering myself slowly while doing ZZ I will be able to go that low, right?

I noticed that when I do it I naturally tend to go down, so perhaps I should let qi sink gradually until I have my legs parallel to the ground.

Thanks.

I was taught that you shouldn't have the bottom of your tailbone go lower then your knees. I would personally, not being a teacher but yet also reencouraging what my teacher taught me your mabu shouldn't go so low that the bottom of your tail bone (the tip) doesn't go lower then your knees. It loses the purpose of how we generate force, the way a mabu does is one reason not to do it. (if we do this practice) Second reason is if your feet are parallel with two shoulder widths apart or wider i believe you can easily damage yourself. but the one rule about conditioning is you can always condition your body to do all sorts of things... so i'm sure this can be proven wrong.

Sign in to follow this