The inner Light

Dedicated student searching for teacher

ah i know i was simply using it as an allegory; people too often forget that they are their own greatest instructor.

HEHE I know. But you were the catalyst for the info I put out.. so thanks..lol

Because there are many who didn't know about those questions and what had happened when the Buddha entered Nirvana.

:D

Peace,

Lin

"They weren't so confused as some may think.."

While I agree that in hindsight, the Buddha answered all those questions to complete satisfaction, you speculate here. I suspect that not as many of the assembled were as enlightened as we would hope they were. Cultish behavior has existed for a long time and when the cult loses the authority...confusion ensues. I doubt the Buddha meant for such a grand and elaborate situation as an -ISM to sprout up in his "name."

And the phrase "entered Nirvana" is suspect. He already WAS the Buddha. His body died. No more than that. It's not like Elvis left the building.

saying "entered nirvana" is just for the sake of saying. You can say he had finished using his physical body for that time period.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

I can recommend Renu Li, the wife of Juan Li. I was attending several seminars with her in the past but I didnt meet Juan Li so far. I think she is a really good teacher!

Namaste.

Edited by jan1107

Thank you Affenbrot. That was very interesting what you wrote! I am also interested in both Guo Bingsen and Kunlun. It is all about doing and finding out so I might just give it a try and see what grows out of it. In the end I am a bit skeptical that a new techniques will change something as in the past I rather experienced that the kind of technique was far not as important as the way I practiced it.

Another difference (that is why I started this thread) is to maybe having a powerful teacher supporting me (which could also be a projection of my mind to search outside for something that is already there ...).

Thanks again. Your writing was inspirering.

I am practicing additionally to my normal training kunlun now. I thought I give it a try and see. I cannot tell much yet because to say something about a practice needs time. For now I am impressed about the effectiveness. But I can say more in a while.

I have done lots of things in the past and I could guess that Kunlun seems to have a good effect on us westeners because it makes it easier to let go and just follow the inner flow.

I think it fits very good in the kind of things I practice right now. It is less doing but receiving. This component is a perfect puzzle for my practice (Martial Arts, Qi Gong and sitting meditation).

Edited by jan1107