Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Trumpcare

Yeah, CRISPR is disturbing, especially since we already have people trying to use it on humans. We had some discussion last summer about genetic research being done in the name of "mosquito control" which looks quite suspicious...

The Clovis extinction is very interesting -- the scope and probable sequence of events we've pieced together suggest it wasn't a pleasant time to be in North America.

I'm not sure they did this for Zika, but they were creating genetically sterile mosquitoes.  I like the idea of viral immunity that is inheritable, and it came out of research into bacteria immune systems.  We could use some help with the emerging "Supper bugs"

But then there is the turning of pigs into human organ factories.  Have we not learned that in China the geese and ducks give the flu to the pigs who give it to the farmers.  Pigs with human genes, what could go wrong!

The Clovis thing is that it was essentially local.  Shit poor luck to camp there guys.  My take away is that is more likely an event than a big rock that creates a ELE. 

Playing GOD will not work out well for humans.

Hubris is the beginning of bad events...

Will we ever learn?

• Like 1

I spent some time in the Mojave Desert during the winter and chose to drive through North Las Vegas. The poverty and homelessness was horrifying to me. Poverty and homelessness are not isolated events, but are social problems that effect all of us. Part of a broken system that rewards the very wealthy and leaves behind the less fortunate.

The radical right wing could care less if people are dying on the street for lack of housing, food and healthcare.

6343150-6-4.jpg

Its funny you blame the right, because these things got WORSE under Obama!!

• Like 1

Playing GOD will not work out well for humans.

Hubris is the beginning of bad events...

Will we ever learn?

No, I honestly don't believe we will.
  • Like 1

Funny how that works, isn't it? :lol:
  • Like 1

It is called the crash of 2008 before Obama took office. Get your narrative straight, but given your penchant for trolling I seriously doubt it.

Income-Inequality-Chart-032713.jpg

What was significant about 1967???

(HINT: I already mentioned it above -- announced in 1964 and began in 1967...)

It is called the crash of 2008 before Obama took office. Get your narrative straight, but given your penchant for trolling I seriously doubt it.

Obama only made things worse.

-Obama increased taxes across the board, he increased health care costs across the board. (aka taking tons of money from the people)

-Obama increased military spending. (aka giving tons of money to the super elite). Almost gets us into ww3 with Russia because -he puts troops around the Russian Border.

I am sure we are now safer from any future WW3 and we will cut 250B from the Defense budget.  As to the health care, we should have gone to a Universal form of HC.  I know, not your POV.

I've made my case with Brian about income and wealth disparity in America.  I have zero concerns about taxing the top 1% at even higher rates for the purpose of "income redistribution".  A first step I would like, but will never see, is a removing of the cap on contribution for SS.  It is capped at about $120K.  I would tax all gross income above that cap so the richest face the same tax burdens as the poor.  That will add 13% more of their gross income for redistribution.

Using OPM to pay for health, education, and things like nutritional support for those that need it is fine, imnho.  Obama, the Dems and Bernie, should have done more.  It is immoral that 1% of households earn (in total) more than 66% of all Americans.  If the control of personal wealth is included the situation is even worse.

As to healthcare, I look to the German, French, Japaneses, and the Scandic nations.  They have universal coverage, cheaper health costs, as good and in most cases better outcomes.  America thinks leaving 20M+ with no coverage is acceptable.  As far as modern/industrial nations are concerned, only in America are people forced into bankruptcy or are allowed to die from lack of care.  Only in America is healthcare inhumane and cold blooded. 

The ACA was bad law because it needed to be a true universal system.

But these are MNHOs, so just ignore me.  Please ignore me.

• Like 2

As to healthcare, I look to the German, French, Japaneses, and the Scandic nations.  They have universal coverage, cheaper health costs, as good and in most cases better outcomes.  America thinks leaving 20M+ with no coverage is acceptable.  As far as modern/industrial nations are concerned, only in America are people forced into bankruptcy or are allowed to die from lack of care.  Only in America is healthcare inhumane and cold blooded.

You forgot a couple..

davis_mirror_2014_es1_for_web.jpg?la=en

• Like 1

Dust,

What I do not get is how this is so offensive to American conservatives.  Why when this works for so many is it a non-starter here?

From my reading into this, I know that some merger of the two approaches could be developed to work here. I do not expect the American GDP costs to drop as low as in these countries.  There are issues of Education debt, malpractice policies, and doctor compensation to be resolved.  Also because of defensive medicine America's use of high-end digital scanning would need to be addressed.

But good grief!  Why is America so proud of its medical bankruptcies and its record of deaths from lack of care?

• Like 1

Dust,

What I do not get is how this is so offensive to American conservatives. Why when this works for so many is it a non-starter here?

From my reading into this, I know that some merger of the two approaches could be developed to work here. I do not expect the American GDP costs to drop as low as in these countries. There are issues of Education debt, malpractice policies, and doctor compensation to be resolved. Also because of defensive medicine America's use of high-end digital scanning would need to be addressed.

But good grief! Why is America so proud of its medical bankruptcies and its record of deaths from lack of care?

Your State is free to do so, Gerry. Have you spoken to your representatives to your State Legislature?
  • Like 1

Your State is free to do so, Gerry. Have you spoken to your representatives to your State Legislature?

Are we also free to cease sending our citizen's tax money to DC?  Frankly we were the state that led the way on health care.

As to spending OPM on what I see as the appropriate policies, I think I have made that clear.  I am not a fan of spending 500B, or will that be 600B on DOD.  My voices, my elected officials, will have little input on that matter.  Others spending OPM as they see fit.

I am visiting Denmark [Cophenhagen] this fall prior to a TA cruise.  I wish I could figure out how to deal with my healthcare over there.  If I could I'd give up the cruise and live in in Christinia.  Problem is Medicare does not travel with you, and I will not live long enough to become a citizen there.

Back to topic...  Do you get as concerned about how other people spend you tax dollars, your "OPM"?    Or is this just an issue about spend OPM on poor folk.  Was it Dylan that said  "...but you have to serve some one." ? Something like that.... 

But good grief!  Why is America so proud of its medical bankruptcies and its record of deaths from lack of care?

Why is this Brian?

Universal healthcare is coming whether Brian likes it not. As usual progressives have to drag conservatives kicking and screaming.

About time compassion takes over instead of social Darwinism.

https://alexfw.com/2014/08/09/why-denmarks-health-service-needs-treatment/

Wait, you mean you have to be a citizen?!? Why... Those right-wing fascist Nazi racist Danes!!! Don't they know that the whole world is allowed to come to their country, stay forever, and get all the free services they want???

Seriously, Gerry, since your State "led the way on healthcare," I assume it is now a healthcare utopia? Surely all the other States must be copying the model and residents (especially the indigent) from everywhere else must be flocking there? Why do you even need that nationalized single-phase big-government-paradise Medicare system at all???

:lol:

What you have demonstrated, Gerry -- in these threads as well as in the PMs you have sent me -- is that you believe in an imaginary candy-coated totalitarianism in which an unrestricted & all-powerful central government wields unlimited authority to take as much as it wants and to use whatever force is necessary to impose your will on everyone else. Not only that but you have demonstrated that you reject the concept of freedom and the democratic process, and that you are contemptuous of the principle of rule of law and of the US Constitution.

Honestly, Gerry, it has become hard to take you seriously on political or economic topics.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this