Golden Dragon Shining

The Shining Ones

You said it yourself, there is really nothing more to it. Five elements,understanding cycles of life/death, etc. It's all right there in your practice. I hope you get a light bulb and see it for yourself.

the methods of achieving a deep connection with nature and external spirits

Then what for is this comedy with public assignment to other participants 1-2 levels of some mystical scale? )) Do you have such a level that you can see the level of others or you just extrapolate it according with your understanding of the posts you read?

Then what for is this comedy with public assignment to other participants 1-2 levels of some mystical scale? )) Do you have such a level that you can see the level of others or you just extrapolate it according with your understanding of the posts you read?

there is no spoon, Neo. 

You either see it or you don't. If you don't work with spirit realm, then it is not your time yet. Answer simple question to yourself, "Who are you?" Everything will follow...

• Like 1

If we abstract from personal discussions about proposed levels of each other (it is not productive) I would still propose that Taoist alchemy practice has more significant results (at least as they are mentioned) then shamanism.

Becoming an immortal is more significant then establishing deep connections with nature and spirits.

Rgrds, Ilya

If we abstract from personal discussions about proposed levels of each other (it is not productive) I would still propose that Taoist alchemy practice has more significant results (at least as they are mentioned) then shamanism.

Becoming an immortal is more significant then establishing deep connections with nature and spirits.

Rgrds, Ilya

mmmmm

I like how you changed your tone. I was actually considering to ignore you as you did not show willingness to see what I am trying to say. I see you perhaps had considered investigating what am I talking about. That's good. Beginner's mind will take you far. 

There are no levels. It is very binary, you either have it or not. How you got it - via kundalini awakening, by shaktipat, with your lineage ( ancestry), by your merit work in past lives, by 9 years at the wall, by thunderbolt, ... there are many ways. But all it is about essentially sensing and feeling energy ( it's manifestations - including yourself). At the very essence of it - it is all the same, and the methods of practicing it ( formal religion or folk style) are the same if you take off the local flavors. 

have you seen many immortals lately? Can you please tell them cat was asking how long does this shit is going to continue or are they about to blow up this world as many others before?:P ( j/k)

"warrior-> healer-> scholar-> priest"

I assume your friends around here can help to decipher it. 

Daoism started as Shamanism and this is known fact.Please read Ge Hong works to see how actual Xian looked like and what they do.Nei Dan is much later development and Quanzhen simply didnt recive full transmission and because of this they didnt produce any Xian in any time.Real Xian didnt depended only on Nei Dan.Please read books of Robert Ford Campany for excelent translation of original Chinese Master Ge Hong.

Ormus

Chinese shamanism, alternatively called Wuism (Chinese: 巫教; pinyin: wū jiào; literally: "wu religion, shamanism, witchcraft"; alternatively 巫觋宗教 wū xí zōngjiào), refers to the shamanic religious tradition of China.[1] Its features are especially connected to the ancient Neolithic cultures such as the Hongshan culture.[2] Chinese shamanic traditions are intrinsic to Chinese folk religion, an overarching term for all the indigenous religions of China. Wu masters remain important in contemporary Chinese culture.

Various ritual traditions are rooted in original Chinese shamanism: contemporary Chinese ritual masters are sometimes identified as wu by outsiders,[3] though most orders don't self-identify as such. Also Taoism has some of its origins from Chinese shamanism:[4][5] it developed around the pursuit of long life (shou 壽/寿), or the status of a xian (仙, "mountain man", "holy man").[6]

The Chinese word wu 巫 "shaman, wizard", indicating a man who can mediate with the powers generating things (the etymological meaning of "spirit", "god", or nomen agentis, virtus, energeia), was first recorded during the Shang dynasty (ca. 1600-1046 BCE), when a wu could be either sex. During the late Zhou dynasty (1045-256 BCE) wu was used to specify "female shaman; sorceress" as opposed to xi 覡 "male shaman; sorcerer" (which first appears in the 4th century BCE Guoyu). Other sex-differentiated shaman names include nanwu 男巫 for "male shaman; sorcerer; wizard"; and nüwu 女巫, wunü 巫女, wupo 巫婆, and wuyu 巫嫗 for "female shaman; sorceress; witch".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_shamanism

Wu-shamans as healers

The belief that demonic possession caused disease and sickness is well documented in many cultures, including ancient China. The early practitioners of Chinese medicine historically changed from wu 巫 "spirit-mediums; shamans" who used divination, exorcism, and prayer to yi 毉 or 醫 "doctors; physicians" who used herbal medicine, moxibustion, and acupuncture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_(shaman)

The Wu – Shamans of Ancient China

Their relationship to the cosmos was a shamanic one. At least some among them were able to communicate directly with plants, minerals, and animals; to journey deep into the earth, or visit distant galaxies. They were able to invoke, through dance and ritual, elemental and supernatural powers, and enter into ecstatic union with them. The class of people most adept at such techniques became known as the wu – the shamans of ancient China.

The Three Sovereigns & Five Emperors

The leaders of this pre-dynastic era were the legendary Three Sovereigns, or “August Ones,” and the Five Emperors – morally perfected sage-kings who used their magical powers to protect their people and to create conditions for peaceful and harmonious living.

The wisdom, compassion and enlightened power of these Beings was beyond mortal comprehension; and the benefit they bestowed upon those they governed, immeasurable."

http://taoism.about.com/od/history/a/shamanic.htm

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 1

Sionnach, great post, but... you just robbed young man from discovering it himself...

Isn't part of the teaching to point to the right direction, but not give it as-is? I.e. student is more likely to appreciate the knowledge when mutual work involved...

I wonder if there is a "Pedagogy of Shamanism/Daoism" course somewhere on Coursera or such platforms...

Edited by qicat
  • Like 2

Who knows a persons age here?

My view is that one shares their experiences, to fast track things potentially, others decide what to do with that information.

If I can share what I've learned over years to another and save them that time I am happy to. Not all students are the same, depends on innate intelligence/wisdom. I appreciate help and information made direct/straightforward/concise very much. There is already too much confusion in this world (and vast amounts of topics/information to go through). Half ones time or more can be in figuring out what isn't true ha.

With future generations you could save them decades. To put 10 years of learning into 10 minutes :D

I am just a student too :D

What I shared was minimal/historical, people may disagree with it ha either way they come to their own conclusion.

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 2