shortstuff

The payment system is dodgy

Hi there. SO I tried to buy lifetime but it wanted £39 due to exchange rate.

I selected $32 for 2 years instead but according to paypal, it wanted to set up an auto payment and charge me $32 now and then again this time next year for the 2nd year. So I paid for one year as this saves me $8, and I can just pay again then.

TLDR: The payments page here says $24 per year or $32 for 2 years but it is actually $64 for 2 years when you click through and log in to paypal.

• Like 2

wait a minute. so people need to pay here to read?

it would seem reasonable.

so where do you make payment or donation?

Not sure of all the operational costs of website, but I do enjoy reading here and trying to

figure things along the way.

so just the facts please.

and what is a bit coin? if anyone would be kind enough to inform me.

ok I pressed the bit coin header and no info.

pressed the subscribe button and guess what I found?

thank you lerner--

and thank you lerner-I just paypal for lifetime!

Edited by sagebrush

What?   Thank you.. lerner?? 

Nice to be thanked but I got nothing to do with it.  

Most likely the system's become sentient

and feels it should thank me.

I just read, write and am a junior mod here. 

(also forget bit coins, imo that's an old old relic)

Paying into the site is optional, just shows support and keeps the owner (Sean) in coffee, likely home made not Starbucks.  I could be wrong, but being a member might allow you to store more Mail Conversations in memory.  Thus I have 604 (Mail) Conversations going back to 2004!  An interesting reminder of old times; members- friends and foes who cared to converse. 

I believe I got a lifetime membership years back.  I use the site quite a bit and its a good thing to support. 

• Like 4

Thanks shortstuff.

The wording on the subscriptions page seems a little odd to me. A subscription via paypal usually means it is ongoing, but the descriptions here appear to indicate set lengths.

I'll see if I can bring this to Sean's attention.

Also, thank you for your interest in making a donation to the site! That is very generous of you.

@sagebrush: the site is free for all who can access it, though of course the server it runs on costs money. So people are able to purchase ads or give donations if they want to help support the costs. As for how it all breaks down, no idea.

• Like 3

No problem. I like it here and it is obviously packed full of info, most of it I have yet to read. Unsure how I am going to get the 250 posts so I can start threads but...I am sure it will happen over the course of my lifetime!

No problem. I like it here and it is obviously packed full of info, most of it I have yet to read. Unsure how I am going to get the 250 posts so I can start threads but...I am sure it will happen over the course of my lifetime!

You dont need 250 posts. Read last paragraph, below:

Hello shortstuff, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi John,

Yes, we talk about different forms of meditations here. My preferred is "empty-minded" meditation. No drama.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Edited by rene